4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2007 7:35 AM by coderambler

sharing the fruits of my labour

coderambler
      Hi all, I'm new to flex builder 2, and have the trial version of the charting package. I've written an application which reads xml data, and displays some charts. I'd like others to see this application, but can only make it run on my PC. Is this a limitation of the trial? Any help gratefully received. Thanks
        • 1. Re: sharing the fruits of my labour
          jlmoller
          Look in the 'bin' directory where your mxml files are located. There should be an html file and an swf file with the same name. These can be placed in your server (you will need a few of the other ones there too).

Have people access you html file (from the bin directory) on your WebSite.
          • 2. Re: sharing the fruits of my labour
            ntsiii Level 3
            Also, be aware of security issues. If you are loading external data from the network, then one of the following must be true:
            * The Application SWF and the assets being loaded are served from the *exact* same domain
            * There is a crossdomain.xml file in the root of the web server that is serving the assets
            * You proxy data service calls through a server.

Running under Flex Builder negates the above. You can pretty much access anything. But when you move out from the bin folder, security is applied.

Tracy
            • 3. Re: sharing the fruits of my labour
              coderambler Level 1
              Hi both, and thanks for your assistance. I'll try to set this up this afternoon. Never created a cross-domain xml file before, but I'll give it a go. Ironically, the thing I thought I'd have most problems with was the graphics., as I'm blind, and don't "see" anything on the screen, but I've just coded it from my head, and it works according to sighted colleagues. Dave.
              • 4. Re: sharing the fruits of my labour
                coderambler Level 1
                Hi again,
                Well, I have now set up a cross-domain.xml file in the root directory of my site. I can now run the pages, but no-one else can. The problem from what I can gather, seems to be with the denying of access to history. I could remove all references to it from the xml page, but I don't really want to do this, since it may correctly indicate to you that I don't understand what I'm doing. On the other hand, I'd like to get the correct solution.
                Thanks for all your help,

Dave.