4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 6:11 PM by mcouger1 RSS

CS6 Encore - images not showing up in backgrounds

hangskier

I want to import my images to use as menu backgrounds.

When I import the images they show up in the "diplay images" but not "display of backgrounds".

In fact, I have no backgrounds showing up.

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: CS6 Encore - images not showing up in backgrounds
          Stan Jones CommunityMVP

Import as asset put them in the Project panel for that project. Then just add as a background.

But I assume you are trying to add them in the library so they appear in the background tab, and you are getting them into the library but they are showing only in the "images" tab.

I don't know, but I suspect you need a .psd file, and the filename needs to match the naming used for Encore's background files. They start with PAL or NTSC, then an underline, and end in BG. But not just any file works. End of my research for the moment.

• 2. Re: CS6 Encore - images not showing up in backgrounds
            hangskier Community Member

Thanks for a quick reply.

I did import jpg and psd as assets into the project panel.  When I dragged them to the library backgrounds they defaulted to the image libary.

What I just discovered it; I also had a image capture from a scene in my project file that I dragged over to the backgound library and that show up in the backgrounds.

So can you only use screen images captured form a scene or can you use any jpg or psd file...and in what kind of saved format/resolution.

• 3. Re: CS6 Encore - images not showing up in backgrounds
              Stan Jones CommunityMVP

So can you only use screen images captured form a scene

I'm sure  not; my success image was a copy of a noncapture.

can you use any jpg or psd file...and in what kind of saved format/resolution.

That's what I don't see  yet. What format (jpg? psd?) did you use that got into the background list.

Edit: so far, I can only get psd's into the background list. But there's an additional variable I am missing.

I did import jpg and psd as assets into the project panel.  When I dragged them to the library backgrounds

You can also use the "new item" from the library panel drop down. But I don't think that will make any difference on which tab of the library they work with.

• 4. Re: CS6 Encore - images not showing up in backgrounds
                mcouger1

Your psd file has to have the layer be set as a background in Photoshop.  Then it will appear in the background list.

Hope that helps!