5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2013 9:06 PM by Noel Carboni

"Could not complete your request because it is not a valid photoshop document".

SquirrelMonkey88

Hi, I'm new to photoshop and I'm using version CS6 extended. A couple of times I got a BSoD while I was in photoshop and after rebooting my laptop and opening the psd document I was just working on I get the error message: "could not complete your request because it is not a valid photoshop document" Is there anyway I can recover the file? The icon doesn't look corrupted or anything and the file extention is still psd. If there's absolutely nothing, how can I prevent something like this? I should mention my laptop is quite old (3.5 years) and I get these BSoDs regulary, so it's very important I find some kind of workaround. Maybe it's an auto recover feature that messes up the psd and maybe I could disable that or something... I don't know, I'm not very tech savvy. The only other thing I can think of is to make 2 saves and alternate saving between them. This way atleast one file doesn't get corrupted.