2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2013 8:34 AM by Rick Thornquist RSS

Menu Button Color Set Change in Blu-Ray

Rick Thornquist

I'm using Encore CS6 and have created a new color set for my menu buttons.  When I use the preview mode, the colors for the selected and activated states are correct.  Unfortunately, when I build the actual blu-ray disc, it doesn't use the correct colors.

As an aside, my new color set works fine on DVDs,  just not on blu-rays.

I've seen a few others have posted about this problem but have seen no solutions.  Is there anyone that has solved this one?

- Rick

• 1. Re: Menu Button Color Set Change in Blu-Ray
          bigmanfontu Community Member

Can you provide a screenshot of the colors you use in encore for your color set?  And when you build the blu-ray disc, do you preview it in a software program like PowerDVD?  Or do you burn it to a disc and use your hardware blu-ray player?

• 2. Re: Menu Button Color Set Change in Blu-Ray
            Rick Thornquist Community Member

Here's a screenshot of the color set.  I created a new color set, called it 'Color Set', and changed the selected and activated states of highlight group 1.  The selected state is white (255,255,255) with an opacity of 40%.  The activated state is black (0,0,0) with an opacity of 20%.  I tried variations of white and black that were not so extreme (220, 220, 220 and 35, 35, 35 for example) but had exactly the same problem - the selected highlight, instead of being white, comes out gray.  This problem is just on blu-ray, if I output to DVD it  works fine.

Menu Color Set.jpg

I having been using PowerDVD to play the blu-ray.  I tried burning it to a disc and using a hardware blu-ray player - it had the exact same problem.

- Rick