5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 4:51 PM by millionbob RSS

Where do I find the HTML5 pack download for Illustrator 15.1.0?

barrysvee

I am unable to find a working link to download the HTML5 pack for Illustrator 15.1.0. Links such as http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/illustrator_html5.html all redirect me to CS6 marketing. Am I misunderstanding the installation steps required for HTML5 or are all links to download the HTML5 pack currently broken?

• 1. Re: Where do I find the HTML5 pack download for Illustrator 15.1.0?
          Mylenium CommunityMVP

The pack has been withdrawn because it introduced bugs and problems that were to great a risk for user's own good. It corrupted AI files and the program on some systems. It was never more than an experiment, anyway.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Where do I find the HTML5 pack download for Illustrator 15.1.0?
            barrysvee Community Member

Thank you for your response.

Can you tell me if I can still use Illustrator to create SVG files with an embedded or external stylesheet without this pack? For every button icon in our application we have multiple high contrast versions available for users with visual impairment. For each button icon I want to get rid of all of the PNG clones and instead have a single SVG image but swap out the stylesheet for the high-contrast color scheme.

• 3. Re: Where do I find the HTML5 pack download for Illustrator 15.1.0?
              Mylenium CommunityMVP

SVG files are just XML files. You can link any CSS by simply adding a reference in the right location in the source code in any web/ text editor. Of course you will have to add the IDs and classes to the objects as well.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Where do I find the HTML5 pack download for Illustrator 15.1.0?
                barrysvee Community Member

I'm actually a developer but I was hoping to hand off a list of instructions to a graphics designer who needs to redraw about fifty icons as SVG images. Since the designer doesn't know XML I was hoping Illustrator would be a tool capable of doing this all from the UI with no need for a second editor and manual replace-all steps for linking colors to named classes. It was the "Using HTML5 Pack for ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CS5" PDF document found by The Google that led me to Adobe, although the company graphics design group uses Illustrator as one of their tools.

Perhaps if the designer sticks to a color pallette then I can write a utility to transform the XML and have it reference an external stylesheet.

Barry

• 5. Re: Where do I find the HTML5 pack download for Illustrator 15.1.0?
                  millionbob Community Member

Here are some things I have been able to figure out:

If you put an element on a layer and name it, it will export as an ID in the SVG file you can select using CSS.

If you apply a style from the graphics styles palette to a group of items, the will export as classes you can select using CSS.

Best to always work in .ai and export the SVG each time you test.

When you save as SVG, be sure to check the 'use system fonts' and the 'style elements' options.

Im still figuring out how to export text with classes or IDs.

This is ridiculous! I wish they would enable semantic graphics