5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 4:33 PM by the_wine_snob RSS

Photoshop Premier

James S Halter Community Member

Why does Photoshop Elements 9 lock up when Premier Elements 9 is installed?

• 1. Re: Photoshop Premier
          the_wine_snob Community Member

Welcome to the forum.

This might be a better question to pose in the Photoshop Elements Forum.

Either way, I would post the full aspects of your computer. The more info, the better.

Does PrE 9 launch properly?

Has PSE 9 ever run properly on your computer?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Photoshop Premier

Bill,

PSE 9 has and does run properly by itself.  But when PrE9 is installed and I try to launch PSE9 Organizer the system locks up.  The message is that it is updating and the Thumbnail icon at the bottom is hourglassing.  No matter how long I let it run it does not finish.

My only solution is to Task man shut down PSE and to uninstall PrE 9.  It has always been like that so I have not used PRE9.  Now I have a need to.  I have talked to support but no help and not willing to help just now and when I first bought and installed the package more than a year ago.

I am currently trying to install a trial of PRE11 to see if the same problem happens. 

Jim

• 3. Re: Photoshop Premier
              John T Smith MVP

>launch PSE9 Organizer the system locks up

What happens if you go directly to the icon (or EXE) for Premiere Elements?

Does that also lock?

• 4. Re: Photoshop Premier

Same behavior if launched from the shortcut.

• 5. Re: Photoshop Premier
                  the_wine_snob Community Member

Neale,

You know Organizer far better than I do, but it sounds like AutoAnalyzer is launching.

The question that I would have is, since Organizer is a "shared" program between PSE and PrE, I would have thought that it would already have done its thing, but maybe I am missing something.

@ James,

Did you have PSE installed first, then installed PrE at a later date, and then PSE would not run?

Good luck,

Hunt