• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE does not display an epub properly if it contains numbered lists or bulleted lists

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem appears to be that ADE does not indents numbered lists or bulleted lists with the paragraph forced up hard left against the edge of the screen. If the numbered list includes greater numbers than 9 then only one digit is shown. I have tested the epub on other readers including: Mobipocket reader, Nook study, FBreader, Calibre reader and others and can not reproduce this problem. It appears to me that there is a serious software bug in ADE. I use Smashwords as an epub distributor and they use ADE to check the epub for faults before distrubution and my epubs are rejected even if there is nothing wrong simply because ADE doesn't display the epub correctly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably down to the defaul (agent) css used by ADE.

It is looking ok for me with lists of over 100 items (using ADE 1.7.2 because of bugs with ADE2.0).

If you make your embedded css more explicit, the result should appear more precisely the same on different devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sjpt,

I'm having the same problem as gotored, though in my case with epub files rendered on a Kobo reader.

Within the standard li/ol formatting, I don't see what I can add to resolve this.

Can you please give more detail about "making the embedded CSS more explicit", or perhaps point to where I can learn more about what's involved?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines