3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 1:56 AM by aklimets

Searching with New Custom Tags

CCWC19

Hello,

I am working with CQ build 20130129

I have successfully created new tags in a new namespace and activated them. Then assigned these new tags to some pages in the geometrixx demo site.

Using CRXDE I have extended the search panel in site admin by adding my new tag's namespace to the below location

libs/wcm/core/content/search/searchpanel/facets/tagoptions

under optionsPath property I added "etc/tags/mytags" which refers to the new tags

Going into the site admin again, in the search panel I can search using my new tags as filters however when the results are returned, no pages that are using my new tags are returned when I am expecting results

Has anyone experienced this problem or know if I am missing a step or not ?

• 1. Re: Searching with New Custom Tags
          Sham HC Level 7

Hi CCWC,

Steps seems correct.

*  Go to [1].

*  Clear Slow & Popular Queries

*  From siteadmin Search again

*  GO to [1] and verify the query

[1]   http://<host>:<port>/system/console/jmx/com.adobe.granite%3Atype%3DQueryStat

Thanks,

Sham

• 2. Re: Searching with New Custom Tags
            CCWC19 Level 1

Hello Sham,

Thanks for your reply , I tried this and it did sort of help out the problem. I was getting results now but they are still not the result I am expecting.

below is an example.

Create the following tag structure

MyTags

MyTags:school

MyTags:school/teachers

MyTags:school/students

Now if I create the following page structuce and tag each page with the above corrisponding tag

MyTags

MyTags/school

MyTags/school/teachers

MyTags/school/students

After all this I do a search in website admin search panel, If I check the tag filter "school" it will auto check "teachers" and "students" which I am expecting, however when I run the search it will only return the pages "teachers" and "students" and NOT the page "school" which I would have expected the search to return.

Let me know if I have the wrong assumption here or if this is a problem with the search, Thanks you

• 3. Re: Searching with New Custom Tags
              aklimets Adobe Employee

I think that's how the tagoptions facet works: it will do a search for all the checked child tags, but it will not search for MyTags:school here. If you want a different behaviour, you might want to overlay that component or create your own one.