Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do sites ask for "flash player needed"

Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled flashplayer to install newest version, now nothing works I have uninstalled and reinstalled 15 times to no avail.

Using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 10

e.g When I go to Utube it says "flashplayer required to play this video"

If I use Google Chrome the flashplayer works but I wish to use IE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you disable ActiveX Filtering? The following link has more info:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html#main_2__Disable_ActiveX_Filt..._

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HiUnder Internet Options I have diabled active X filtering and plug ins. !. My control panel only shows FLASHPLAYER(32bit) but No Java (yet Java is installed)2. If I go to ALL PROGRAMS only Adobe Reader X is shown but no Java3.In Internet Explorer, if I go to the cog wheel and drop down menu manage add ons ...Shock WaveFlash is enabledAdobe PDF Helper is enabledJava (tm) Plug in ssvhelper is enabledJava (tm) Plug in 2 Helper is enabled4. If I go to Control Panel and click on Flash Player 32 bitgo to Flash Player Settings then the Advanced Tab it saysActive X version 11.6.602.180Plug in Version : NOT INSTALLED

I really don't know what to do next, when I go to some of the Adobe help pages it just brings up a blank page

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum; please do not post your email address or other private data (by sending the forum notification with all its headers back to the forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jeffrojeffro wrote:

Under Internet Options I have diabled active X filtering and plug ins.

You need to disabled ActiveX Filtering, but not plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines