12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 3:06 PM by Alex LK

Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame

RenéHuwaë

Hey,

Every time I add the Warp Stabilizer in Premiere Pro CS6, it auto-scales the footage, except for the last frame. It just changes to 100% again, so I'll just have to cut it off. Any others experiencing this issue, or any ways to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: turns out it's probably not the warp stabilizer, but the position. When I adjust the position, the same thing happens, and since the stabilizer changes the position, the position will probably be causing the issue. Keyframing is disabled.

• 1. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
          RenéHuwaë Level 1

Anyone? I still haven't figured out how to solve this.

• 2. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Never encountered this issue, but you could superimpose the next clip over the last frame as a workaround.

• 3. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
              RenéHuwaë Level 1

Yes I did, but I'll have to do this with every single clip I stabilized. And therefore I must render everything twice (first to render the stabilized clip, then cut of a frame, and render the project again from that point).

In After Effects I don't have any issues with the stabilizer.

• 4. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
                RenéHuwaë Level 1

Just found out something new, which makes it even more strange.

The last shot of the clip uses the effects of the next. I graded the next clip completely red, just to check it. And the last frame from the previous clip turned red as well. Also, when a clip is not stabilized, it'll say: 'click Anylize', except for the last frame.

It seems to me that, instead of the issues with the last frame, it's probably the first frame of the next clip that is missing. So what's happening: the previous clip is using the effects applied to the next clip. I have never ever come across something like this.

edit

SOLVED:

Somehow, on every single clip, the keyframing of the opacity is enabled. Though there are no keyframes, and it's still at 100%. When I change the value, and bring it back up the 100%, the missing frame returns.

• 5. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
                  X002657

This strikes me as a bug that hasn't been corrected.

Is there a way to see if it has even been reported? (I don't want to add a redundant bug report).

I'm having what I think is the same- or similar - problem in PPro CC.

Machine: Windows 7 Pro,

i7-3930K @ 3.20 GHz with 32 GB memory

nVidia GeForce GTX 670.

Both CC and CS 6 installed.

I have a single clip of video footage exactly 19 seconds  (00;00;19;00)  long in Track V1.

I have added the Warp Stabilizer effect to Track V1, let it analyze and stabilize, and when playing, the last frame is "chopped off" by a noticeable percentage.

When selecting the Effect Controls tab, the Opacity keyframe icon is "active", though still set at 100%.

I lowered the clip Opacity, moved the pointer a few seconds to the left via left-arrow, and re-played.

The last frame is still chopped off.

I returned the clip Opacity to 100%, moved the pointer a few seconds to the left, and re-played.

The frame is still chopped off.

This "solution" appears to have no effect for me.

I also need the Timecode effect for this same clip, and have noticed strange things with it.

Although my footage in Track V1 is exactly 19:00,

- AFTER I've added the Warp Stabilizer effect to Track V1, AND

- have added an Adjustment Layer to Track V2 in the sequence, AND

- have added the Timecode effect to the Adjustment layer in Track V2,

when I point to the last frame, the Timecode effect shows 18:29, not 19:00. After moving 1 frame to the left, i.e. hitting left-arrow once. the Timecode also shows 18:29. so the Timecode is showing the same numbers twice.

It seems that the Timecode effect is somehow "losing track" of what frame is being displayed.(Is it "counting from '1' instead of '0')?

Any help available in this?

I've even gone so far as to:

1) change, i.e. lower, the Opacity, save the project, then return the Opacity to 100%, then saved the project again; last frame still "chopped off".

2) once the opacity was lowered, I've also rendered the sequence, saved the project, then returned the Opacity to 100%, and re-rendered, but the problem remains.

3) I even "cleared" both the Warp Stabilizer effect from the footage clip, AND the clip from within the sequence, then added the clip back to the sequence WITHOUT the Warp Stabilzer effect, then pointed at the final frame, and that final frame is STILL chopped off.

For this project, I'm "sticking" with CC, because I'm working on it from both my home studio and another location which has only CC.

I haven't checked CS6 to see if the Warp Stabilizer and Timecode effects are working correctly, but both seem to have gone a little "haywire".

Is there some other way to fix the problem of the last frame being "chopped off"?

• 6. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
                    RenéHuwaë Level 1

Hmm, I've never come across this issue again, after creating this topic.

Just wondering: is your footage 24 or 23.976 fps? And is your Preview File Format (sequence settings) set to 'P2 something' ?

• 7. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
                      X002657 Level 1

Thanks for responding:

This is taken from the PPro Project Panel:

00000.MTS

Movie, 1920 x 1080 (1.0) , video used 1 time

00:00:19:00, 29.97p

48000Hz - Compressed - Stereo, audio used 1 time

• 8. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
                        RenéHuwaë Level 1

Try changing the Preview File Format in the sequence settings to 'Quicktime (desktop)', see if that helps. You have to re-render though.

Edit: also, don't forget to change to codec to something like H.264, or at least something different than Animation.

• 9. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
                          X002657 Level 1

Another REALLY ODD THING:

I tried to trim off the final frame from my clip, i.e. the one that is "chopped-off".

When I did that, the "problem" moved to the left, i.e. the "problem" seems to apply to whatever is the last/final frame of the clip; trimming what I thought was the "bad" frame just moved/shifted the problem 1 frame to the left of the timeline; it didn't resolve the problem.

So, I think this points to something about either the entire clip, or the sequence. Even if I remove the clip and add it back after removal, the problem persists.

• 10. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
                            X002657 Level 1

Thanks for pointing that out. When I checked Sequence Settings, I found that my editing mode was set to "ARRI Cinema".

I changed that to AVCHD-1080p-Square Pixel, then re-analyzed/stabilized, but the last frame is still chopped-off.

In the Project Panel, under "Properties" for the original clip, it shows:

File Path: I:\Pang Chan\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM\00000.MTS

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 50.6 MB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:00:19:00

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

In Sequence Settings, the Preview File Format is greyed-out, so I can't change that.

Am checking now to see if Warp Stabilizer can even be used on my source footage. (I know it won't, or at least in the past, didn't, work on certain types, but not sure of which those are).

• 11. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
                              RenéHuwaë Level 1

Try creating a new sequence, making sure the Preview File Format is set to Quicktime (desktop). I'm pretty sure that's the issue.

That's how I solved this problem the proper way, but I did not update this topic once I found out.

1 person found this helpful
                              • 12. Re: Warp Stabilizer CS6 scales down last frame
                                Alex LK

I was having the same issue, and when I changed the preview file format and the codec to what Rene recommended, it seemed to fix the problem.