• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 - Snippets

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still playing with RH7, but here's a question...

Why can I add snippets to a topic then copy/paste the content into a drop-down, but not add a snippet to an existing drop-down?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this should be in the RoboHelp for HTML help forum. How do I move it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(No need to move this post)

It works for me? I created a snippet which includes a table, a graphic and text. I then copied the snippet to the clipboard and pasted it into an existing dropdown that previously only had some text and it worked for me, including updating when I edit the snippet?

Perhaps I don't understand the situation. Describe the content of the snippet and we'll take another crack at it.
Thanx,
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2007 Nov 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, that's my point entirely.
I can copy and paste the snippet info into a drop-down.
But, I cannot click and drag the snippet from the snippet pod over to a drop-down, despite the cursor showing that I can drag it to the drop-down.

I read somewhere that snippets cannot work with drop-downs. So why can I copy and paste the info, but not click and drag? Perhaps not all the functionality has been blocked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LillibetUK,

I see where you are coming from. The drag and drop is showing a plus sign, but when you drop the snippet into a drop down dialog nothing happens.

The only way to include a new (or existing) snippet into a drop down is to copy and existing the snippet segment from a topic and paste it to the drop down dialog.

Thank goodness there is a simple workaround, but I agree this should work exactly the same as variables which can be dragged and dropped directly into a drop down dialog.

I'm going to raise and feature request and suggest that you do the same if you have time. The more votes the better!

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Thanks for spotting this.
Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phew! I'm glad someone understands what I'm whittering on about!

I'll add this as a feature request as well, but I'm not sure that this should actually work at all. As I said, I'm sure that I read somewhere that snippets and drop-downs should not work together, in which case we've managed the impossible by copying and pasting the snippet into the drop-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey lillibetUK
I see your issue more clearly now!
Since trying out the copy/paste, I've verified that's in fact the *only* way it can be done at this point. As Craig says, drag and drop as well as Insert > Snippet commands should be enabled within the hotspot editing box but they are not.

Not exactly on lillibetUK's issue, but related to hotspots and Snippets, I just tripped over this "Known Issue" item in the Robohelp ReadMe on the Adobe site.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402741
Item 1556376 simply says "Expanding and dropdown hotspots are not working when applied using Snippets."
Apparently this refers to the fact that you can't create a Snippet that contains a dropdown. I don't see anything about workarounds.

Thanx,
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Perhaps I should have reported this as a defect rather than a feature request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries lillibetUK. Adobe have now been made aware of the issue from a few corners. Just because we have a workaround doesn't mean it won't get fixed!

The important thing for people to be aware of is that Adobe do not monitor every post on this forum. That's why we encourage people to report issues via the online forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2008 Feb 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been putting snippets into drop-down text boxes using the work-around outlined here and find that they appear to work just fine but at some point, I find that the snippets disappear from the drop-down box. The drop-down Text Editor still "thinks" there's something there, but no text appears either in Design mode or Preview mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
kdws,

When you do this (copy the snippet into the DD area), are you seeing any subsequent updates to the snippet reflected in your topic? I can't get mine to show updates - it's just a static copy and paste (kind of useless, then)...

Also, yes, I understand the instructions we've seen state that snippets cannot containDHTML content. Fine. That's NOT what we're talking about - we're talking about including a snippet in existing DHTML content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp