5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 11:07 PM by Kar209

Adobe Exchange Panel Update not working?

Kar209 Level 1

Hello:

My OS is Windows 7 64 bit and I have Ps and Ia installed on my laptop.

I downloaded and installed the Adobe Exchange roughly two months ago and everything worked great at first.

I installed a few things such as the Paper Textures and a game Level Up (can't recall the others at the moment).

The game worked three times but then it just stopped responding. I never had an issue with the other extensions.

Yesterday I went to try out the game again but when i opened the Exchange panel it said there was a new update and so i (sadly) opted to click 'Update'

After clicking the update button I received a message:

AEM_.png

Also, Norton said the link or what have ya was NOT trusted and is Unknown. So, I clicked on the Norton message and got this info:

Norton_info_re__AEM.png

Heuristic virus? um, what?  

http://www.pctools.com/security-news/heuristic-virus-definition/

I went ahead and Removed all the extensions I had downloaded/installed from the Exchange panel but I would very much like to be able to use them again.

Any ideas as to the issue? Is there a solution?

I have shut off Norton to see if that would work but I still get the above message  "... valid signature ... "

Sure would appreciate some input.

Thank you in advance

ps. could the Heuristic virus detection be a False Positive?

• 1. Re: Adobe Exchange Panel Update not working?
          Kar209 Level 1

Pleaaaaaaaaaase someone heeeeeeeeeeeelp

• 2. Re: Adobe Exchange Panel Update not working?
            Sushmar Level 1

A lot of others have been able to use the panel successfully. We verified on windows 7, but have not done full testing on Win 8. We will get back to you at the earliest possible on Monday.

Sorry for the update causing you a lot of problems.

Sushma

• 3. Re: Adobe Exchange Panel Update not working?
              Kar209 Level 1

Hello:

You are totally misunderstanding me. I have Windows 7 64 bit and I did have the Exchange Panel already installed. When I went to use the Exchange PanelIT had an update. I didNOT update to Windows 8.

I clicked on the UPDATE IN the Exchange Panel which is what would NOT install because NORTON said it IS MALWARE.

I tried to update the Exchange Panel and NOT my operating system.

The attempt to Update the Exchange Panel caused the older version of the Exchange Panel to not work. So, I had to Uninstall the Exchange Panel and then when I went to Reinstall the Exchange Panel it would NOT install. And now I cannot use it at all.

Again, I DO have Windows 7 and NOT Windows 8.

Please, I would very much like to be able to use the Exchange Panel again because I would like to install some extensions, let me know when this issue is resolved.

Thank You,

Kara A. Rowe

kararowe@yahoo.com

• 4. Re: Adobe Exchange Panel Update not working?
                lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi Kara,

We are investigating this issue and will get back to you as soon as we have a solution. We can confirm that the behaviour can be reproduced on both Windows 7 and Windows 8 so thank you for all the information that you have provided so far.

We will be in touch this week.

Kind regards,

Lea

• 5. Re: Adobe Exchange Panel Update not working?
                  Kar209 Level 1

thank you i appreciate your time and efforts.

i look forward to a fix and i really appreciate your team looking into this problem.

take care