2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2013 1:35 PM by poetryinmotionfilms

As of this morning, video is black on all projects.

poetryinmotionfilms

As of this morning, all of my projects suddenly won't play video.  Audio is there, but no video in the source or preview monitors.  The source files are fine.  I'd tried importing new footage, and it has the same problem -- audio is present, but the video is black.  Any ideas?  My after effects projects are fine.  I'm using CS 6. 

• 1. Re: As of this morning, video is black on all projects.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Also, what you describe is USUALLY caused by an automatic Windows update (are you Windows?) that "breaks" something in the graphics display driver as it relates to PPro

So... what is your graphics adapter, and have you gone to the vendor site (NOT Windows Update!!!) to check for a newer device driver

IF you have an nVidia card, How to determine your nVidia driver version

Right click in any open area of the Windows desktop

Select NVIDIA Control Panel from the popup window

Select SYSTEM INFORMATION at the lower left corner

Driver version should be the 1st line in Details

I have a GTX285 using driver 296.10

• 2. Re: As of this morning, video is black on all projects.
            poetryinmotionfilms Level 1

After a morning floundering about, I finally figured out what it was.  I had unplugged my monitor DVI cable last week and for some reason Premiere seems to have thought I was now playing back video on an external monitor rather than the source and program monitors.  All I did was turn off the computer, pull the monitor jack and plug it back in.  Now premiere is playing back on the source and program monitors. 

That was after, of course, rebooting the machine, updating the graphics driver, cleaning the media cache, posting here, and scouring the web for help.  Sigh.