6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2013 7:46 PM by the_wine_snob

Some parts of an audio track playing.

MichaelRwoof

I have adobe premiere cs6. When I try to add a second audio track on top of what is already there, it doesnt't play some parts of it. It will only play my friends voice and not mine. I will add a picture of the window to show what I have.Capture.PNGIn the picture, it has the waveforms for my friends voice, but not mine. In the actual video clip, I can hear my own voice. Any help is appreciated. The track that does this is the Minecraft track. Not the Go Cart.mp3

Thanks,

Michael

• 1. Re: Some parts of an audio track playing.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Michael,

In the Project Panel's "player," or the Source Monitor, do both voices play in the Audio Stream of that file?

What are the specs. of the Audio Stream?

Was it recorded as Stereo, or 2-channel Mono, with two mics.?

If you rip the Audio Stream from that file (Audition, Soundbooth, Audacity, other audio-editing program), do you get both voices in that ripped Audio file?

Good luck, and let us know a bit more please,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Some parts of an audio track playing.
            MichaelRwoof Level 1

Thanks for replying.

I found out what the issue is. The video has 2 audio tracks, but for some reason it only puts the one of my friend. So now I can't figure out why it doesn't put the audio track of myself in there. If you know how to fix this new problem, that would be greatly appreciated.

*Hopefully that is enough to help you get an understanding of what is going because I misinterpreted the issue.*

Thanks,

Michael

• 3. Re: Some parts of an audio track playing.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Michael,

Do you have an audio-editing program, like Audition? If not, look into the free Audacity.

Sounds like you need to rip to two Audio channels, and then output them as discrete Audio files, Mono, and Import those two files.

If you have CS 6, take a look at some of the tutorials linked near the end of this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3757977#3757977 [Note: the earlier parts of that article do not apply much to CS 6, as it made some significant changes.]

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Some parts of an audio track playing.
                MichaelRwoof Level 1

I really appreciate you helping, but I am kind of a new person to editing and I don't really understand wht all of that means. If you could come up with a way to tell me how to do the same thing, but less complicated that would be great. If it will help, I use a screen capture software called DxTory and that captures my screen and records the output from my pc and my microphone. If you know if there are any setting I would have to change that's fine. If you don't, that is also fine. To clarify, the raw footage has all of the audio and premiere cs6 only puts in 1 track. Thanks so much for all of the help and sorry that I am having a difficult time understanding.

SV.PNGThis is an example ofwhat it looks like in Sony Vegas. under the video track is the computer sounds and my friends voice (The track that premiere puts in.) The track below it is my voice, the track not included.

Dxtory 1.PNGThis is the DxTory window. These are the settings for the computer sounds. (In-game sounds and my friends voice.) The 2 located under use default setting, is the settings for my microphone's input. The 2 windows look the same.

Thanks,

Michael

• 5. Re: Some parts of an audio track playing.
                  MichaelRwoof Level 1

Thank you so much for all of your help! I just found out how to do it.

• 6. Re: Some parts of an audio track playing.
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Excellent!

Good luck,

Hunt