5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2013 6:16 AM by Peter Spier RSS

InDesign adobe cs6 has stopped working

OzBee2

I just installed InDesign cs6 but when I launch it I get the error message "Adobe InDesign cs6 has stopped working".  I have looked at other similar questions on the Forum but the responses are too technical for me.  Any suggestions woul dbe appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

• 1. Re: InDesign adobe cs6 has stopped working
          Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

Start by telling us about your system. Windows or Mac? Are you logged in with an administrator account, or a limited account?

Have you run the 8.0.1 update for InDesign?

The unfortunate truth is that this is probably going to involve doing some stuff that requires a bit of technical knowledge. If you don't understand, yourself, you should try to find someone local who can assist you.

• 2. Re: InDesign adobe cs6 has stopped working
            OzBee2 Community Member

Thanks Peter.  I looked at the logs and they show:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 8.0.1.406, time stamp: 0x50335e39

Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.1, time stamp: 0x4d5f0c22

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x0008d6fd

Faulting process id: 0xd84

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce2880bee1a1cc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll

Report Id: 01b520d5-9474-11e2-81d1-6805ca01eb14

I am running Windows 7 and am logged in as a system administrator.  Update 8.0.1 has been installed without any affect.

Funnily though, I updated Lightroom 4.3 and Photoshop PS 12.1 and InDesign no longer stops at the page where I choose whether to open a book but takes me one step beyond that to the first data entry page before freezing.

Bob

• 3. Re: InDesign adobe cs6 has stopped working
              Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

InDesign no longer stops at the page where I choose whether to open a book but takes me one step beyond that to the first data entry page before freezing.

I'm not sure waht you mean by "first data entry page."

• 4. Re: InDesign adobe cs6 has stopped working
                OzBee2 Community Member

It is back now to the initial problem, InDesign just freezes at startup.  I can get no further than here before it freezes:

Bob

• 5. Re: InDesign adobe cs6 has stopped working
                  Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

Don't know what was supposed to come after the colon. TO show a screen capture you need to use the camera icon onthe web page, like this:

CameraIcon.png

The error information you gave earlier indicates a problem in the MSVCR100.dll file. This is a dynamic library file provided by Microsoft to handle calls to the OS to perform file-related tasks. It's possible this file has become damaged. It's possible to reinstall this file by downloading it from Microsoft, but for the technically challenged it may turn out to be easier to reinstall ID. Try running the installer again and see if it offers you the option to "Repair" the current installation.