3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2013 9:02 AM by Scott V

PSE 10 Organizer and Backup

lj-jp-photog

My husband and I share a desktop computer & PSE10. How do we organize and back up our images separately to conserve space (e.g., the 2 GB limit on free backup)? It appears that all of our images show up on his organizer, although we tag them individually. My organizer appears to show only my images.

We both want our images backed up and moved to Revel but we don't want duplicate backups.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• 1. Re: PSE 10 Organizer and Backup
          Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello

If you are using free Revel for the first 30 days, then you can create 2 different libraries to have your images separated. During the first 30 days you have all of the features of Revel Premium. You would just have to switch libraries but clicking on the "Gear" settings icon and select the other library. You can also create a new album in your library to help organize your images. How are you using Revel? Are you using the Mac app, Ipad or Iphone? If you are using Adoberevel.com, then you wont see any options for setting up the libraries. I thought I confirm of how you were using Revel.

Please see our faq "How do I upload photos to Revel" http://forums.adobe.com/message/5114160#5114160

Revel filters out duplicates based on file byte comparisons (aka. hashing or checksumming). Revel will not filter images that are edited copies of originals.

Revel doesn't look at file names when determining whether images are duplicates, but considers the binary contents of the files. If the file contents are exactly the same, then Revel flags them as duplicates regardless of filename and other properties.

When there are two photos with the same pixel data--but one has some metadata added, or is of a different file format, then images are not considered as being duplicates.

Albums should transfer, though the organizational structure will flatten (Revel doesn't current supported nested albums, aka subfolders)

adduser_inline.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks

Scott

• 2. Re: PSE 10 Organizer and Backup
            lj-jp-photog Level 1

Thank u. I haven't had a chance to try your suggestion but appreciate the response.

Leslie

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: PSE 10 Organizer and Backup
              Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Ok sounds good. Just let us know if you need any further assistance

Thansk

Scott