1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 25, 2013 4:39 AM by sjpt

account ID ( email) not known when trying to set back the password

areinhar64

I issued and installed an Adobe DRM Account long time ago, but I didn't use it up to now. Unfortunately I didn't notice the password. Therefore I tried to set back the password now. However then I will be informed that email is not valid. When I have a look into the Adobe Digital Edition Software on my PC , there is mentionned this email however as standard. Now I have an ebook reader and want to test the DRM Functions. As long as I have not the valid password, I cannot read any book. Now I issued a new account with a second EMail Adress, but how can I change this account on my PC ? I don't find any possibility to delete the old email address and to insert the new one ?

• 1. Re: account ID ( email) not known when trying to set back the password
          sjpt Level 4

Enter ctrl-shift-D (cmd-shift-D on Mac) to Digital Editions software to deregister the old account.  (It wouldn't be within the spirit of ADE's terrible user interface to make this easily discoverable.)

Restart ADE, and you will be able to enter your new account details.

If you have any devices registered with your old ID, ctrl-shift-E to Digital Editions while the device is connected will remove the old registration from the device.

Remember if you have any DRM books registered with your old account, you can't read them with the new one. 

It doesn't sound as if you have either of those issues; more in case anyone else picks up this thread.