3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 12:58 AM by Loic Aigon

File info Panel doesn't show up in CS6 apps

Loic Aigon Level 2

Hi all,

I have compiled a File Info Panel with EB2. It opens fine in CS5.5 apps but it's not accessible with CS6.

I can't see any settings in EB2 to have both versions supported. I also tweaked the manifest and get the ZXP recompiled but then althought the panel does appear, the content isn't built.

Any hint on what's happening ?

Best,

Loic

• 1. Re: File info Panel doesn't show up in CS6 apps
          lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi Loic,

Do you know what directory you are installing the panel to? Is it /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP/Custom File Info Panels/3.0/panels/

Can you try placing the panel inside of  /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP/Custom File Info Panels/4.0/panels/ instead. If your panel does not display when you open the FileInfo dialog on your development machine then you may need to adjust the flash player trust file so it is pointing at the 4.0 directory; /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust

In the MXI file update the paths so it deploys to the 4.0 directory.

I will forward this issue onto the Extension Builder team as it seems supporting FileInfo panels between suite versions is not currently available.

Kind regards,

Lea

• 2. Re: File info Panel doesn't show up in CS6 apps
            Loic Aigon Level 2

Hi Lea,

I think indeed that FileInfo panels between suite versions is not  available. It does install in the 3.0 folder by default. I tweaked the mxi file so it points to 4.0. Then the panel is available but blank ( none form item built ). But to be honest, I have some dependancies that I didn't copy so it may explain the issue. I will check this out. Now at least I know I didn't do something wrong

Thanks for the time and care,

Best,

Loic

• 3. Re: File info Panel doesn't show up in CS6 apps
              Loic Aigon Level 2

Hi Lea,

Just to let you know. Finally it worked in CS6. Once in a while, it looks like the panel installation is bugged. But I removed it and re installed it and now everything is fine.

Thanks,

Loic