0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2007 11:13 AM by Force_Code

scrollbar w/ mx:Text mask

Force_Code
      I have an mx:Text object as a child of an mx:Canvas. The canvas covers the browser client area and has a background texture. The mx:Text is multi-line, so there is a browser scrollbar present. However, when I make this mx:Text a mask of the canvas, the mask works, but the browser scrollbar disappears. How do I make the mx:Text mask scrollable? Here's the code:

<mx:Canvas percentHeight="100" percentWidth="100"
      id="Canvas2" styleName="CSSCanv2" mask="{txt1}"
      >

<mx:Text x="0" y="0" width="100%" fontSize="106" fontGridFitType="subpixel"
      fontFamily="fairfax" id="txt1" cacheAsBitmap="true">

<mx:text>
      Portions of this document contain information pertaining to prerelease code that is not at the level of performance and compatibility of the final, generally available product offering. This information may be substantially modified prior to the first commercial shipment. Microsoft is not obligated to make this or any later version of the software product commercially available. APIs that constitute prerelease code are marked as "Preliminary Windows 95" or "Preliminary Windows NT" (as applicable). If your application is using any of these APIs, it must be marked as a BETA application. For further details and restrictions, see Sections 1 and 3 of the License Agreement
      </mx:text>

</mx:Text>

</mx:Canvas>