0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2013 2:00 PM by rezwits

Why are svgs treated differently (scaling)

rezwits

Hi,

I am having a problem when I import an SVG.  I am using my graphics with a Scalable Stage.  The vector graphic (AN rectangle) and PNG graphics scale according to the width changes and height changes, properly.  What I mean by this is, if I have a AN rectangle that is Square 100 x 100 px or a PNG that is 100 x 100 px, on a stage that is 500 x 500, if I scale the layout in Safari to 800 x 500, the rectangle and the PNG BOTH scale disproportionately to 160 x 100 px, but the SVG stays in it's container which does scale to 160 x 100, but the SVG inside (background) stays at 100 x 100 px.

I tried importing my SVGs with the img tag from a Forum post I read last night but that just got my hopes up.  I don't understand why there isn't a way to treat SVGs like PNGs, JPGs, or GIFs.  I hate the container/background methodology when it comes to scaling SVGs

I know I can transform the SVG, but the Transform tools are not usable during the Resize functions of Animate within a open page session in a browser.

So this means I will have to rasterize my Vectors (SVGs) to PNGs and then import, seem counterintuitive...

Thanks for any help