• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro X combine context menu is present, it's just blank.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right-click context menu to combine files was available two days ago at the latest.  When I tried to use it today, the placeholder is there, but there is no text.  The entry still functions as intended, it's just annoying.  See the pic.

Any thoughts? <edit> I've done an uninstall/reinstall, manually registered the .dll, and done inverted jumping jacks, all to no avail.

Wherediditgo.png

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Hi,

I have/had this issue too, so I thought I'd share my experience with it.

In my case, it seemed to be related to the Google Drive client for Windows. The issue showed up after I installed it and would go away if I uninstalled it. However, with Google Drive installed, the issue wasn't always present.

So I've still got Google Drive installed and seemed to have rid myself of the problem. Well, it's been fine for a about a week so far since I took the following steps below.

• I used CCleaner to view t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same exact issue with Acrobat 9.5.4 (windows 7 - 64-bit).  No idea what did this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably should have included in the original post:  Win7-64-bit, no additional updates or new software between working/non-working state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXACT same issue here.. glad I'm finally not alone as I've been frantically restoring backup after backup trying to figure out wtf has caused this to happen. I used these context features daily so I noticed immediately when they were replaced with a blank slate along with an odd "Share" title and checkmark that bears no relevance to anything.

This happened first a few days ago and after restoring to a recent backup I was able to get the context menu back (registering ContextMenu64.dll had no effect - as per solutions to similar problems). But now tonight it has once again disappeared and has been replaced with the bank and "share" menu items.

I have a feeling a possible windows update is causing this?...

http://i.imgur.com/7ckCVgo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing Windows Update as well.

Or IE10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can rule out IE10, as I don't have it installed. As for Windows updates, I can safely say it's doubtful, as I have WU setup for approval of update installation and did not install any updates between a working and non-working state.  Strange thing is, I didn't have any Adobe updates push through either (that I am aware of, it's set to only notify of any updates).  Also, @M_Mauro, I never really noticed the "Share ..." selection, but when I right-click on any image, it gives me the same listing that yours does.

CheckShare.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey James.. yep, I (we) get the share item when clicking on an image but when clicking a PDF I get just one blank item (as depicted in your original post).

Funny because now that I think about windows update being the cause - I have my automatic installs disabled as well. Also IE10 isnt installed on this machine either..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running Repair from the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running repair does not solve the issue unfortunately. Already tried it.

EDIT: Forgot to add my specs. Acrobat 10 / Win7 X64 / Office 2010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not help.  We've all tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem since a few days and exact same failed fix (ContextMenu64.dll).

Can someone from Adobe give us a fix that works? They must be aware of that happenning!

AcrobatContext.jpg

Specs : Windows 7 Home premium x64, Acrobat X 10.1.6

In my case I had just installed Internet Explorer 10 that completely screwed my Aero theme removing all transparencies. Uninstalling IE 10 brought back Aero. As for Acrobat X I can't be certain that it happened with that IE upgrade but I suspect it could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI The Share link is Windows 7 File Sharing context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Sabian Zildjian :

Yes, that "Share" link is the Windows file Sharing button, but when I use it now on a jpeg image for example, it opens it converted to PDF ready to be saved...

Somehow there's a mix up with those Acrobat functions (convert to PDF, Combine etc...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's messed up.  Have you uninstalled Acrobat and checked the Windows 7 File Sharing link afterward to see if it reverst back to the correct functionality and then reinstalled it to see if it happens again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us have tried to Repair, uninstall/reinstall, etc.

In my estimate, this is a REGISTRY issue.  The context menus are driven from here (I think {D25B2CAB-8A9A-4517-A9B2-CB5F68A5A802}).

But I can't find where it's supposed to actually say anything ("Combine in Acrobat").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh.. it's definitely becomming widespread now. This has nothing to do with any backup for antivirus software. I dont have A/V installed (people still use A/V?) and my backup soft is Acronis.

It's obviously due to a recent change or update somewhere otherwise we all wouldnt be having this issue coincidentally at the EXACT same time. I feel this is now wide-spread and more and more people are noticing, googling, and will end up posting here or just observing. BTW - Please post here if you're affected.

Adobe - HELP US! Or at least confirm the bug and it's origins for now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here: Win7 64bit, Acrobat 10

Repair, Reinstall, Regsvr32 etc. brings no success...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on 2 different machine. i suppose it has something to do with a Win7 update !

I have combine with empty icon in the context menu and disappeared the function to transform a file directly to a pdf from the context menu !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious?  What Antivirus software are you currently using?   Someone mentioned backup?  What software backup system are you using?  I have Acrobat X on Win 7 64-bit but I'm not experiencing this behavior so I'm wondering what the differences might be in our systesms??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on dude.  This is like the common Indian tech support answer - blame everything else in the name of "isolation" and then have no answer when everyone agrees it is actually the technology we initially suspected.

Our collective AV software has NOTHING to do with this issue.

And "since I'm not sick no one else is sick" is a b/s response.  If you don't have the problem, don't offer to help with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here too. I no longer have the options to create a PDF or Combine files. I'm using Acrobat 9.0 pro and Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine. Tried everything. repair, reinstall, deleted latest Acrobat reader in case there was a conflict. I tried the regsvr32 contextmenu64.dll tip. Here's the thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/785569.

A message box popped up and said it worked, but nothing happened.

Adobe - please make this a priority to fix or offer a workaround. It's impacting my productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Windows 7, Acrobat X. I've also tried the ContextMenu64.dll fix to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious - is everyone using the latest Acrobat update released on Feb 20?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest; Acrobat X version 10.1.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and yes the version is 10.1.6

please make this your first priority to fix, this is very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines