4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 3:11 PM by kamkat6644

PSE 5 with Windows 8 problems

kamkat6644

I've already posted a couple of problems with my PSE 5 with Windows 8, the main being it won't connect with my camera even though it is in the menu. I also wonder why when I click on updates, the box states it is unable to check for update for this product. How strange is that?  This elements 5 worked perfect with my Windows XP even opening automatically to get photos. I'm not very good with all this tech stuff, but am ready to just uninstall it for good. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it get the photos and updates?

• 1. Re: PSE 5 with Windows 8 problems
          dj_paige Level 10

I have seen a few people say they cannot use PSE5 with Windows 8 to get photos from a camera card. (I don't have Windows 8, so I don't know). But the recommendation I have for you is to transfer the photos from camera card to your computer some other way.

I don't think the "check for updates" ever worked for PSE5, but in any event, there are no such updates for this problem.

• 2. Re: PSE 5 with Windows 8 problems
            kamkat6644 Level 1

Thanks for your reply and advice. I think you may be right about it not

working, so maybe I will just get rid of it! Thanks!

• 3. Re: PSE 5 with Windows 8 problems
              dj_paige Level 10

So, 99% of PSE5 works with Windows 8, but you are going to get rid of it?

• 4. Re: PSE 5 with Windows 8 problems
                kamkat6644 Level 1

Yes. I never used it to edit or really ever learned about using it! I only

ended up using it to grab my photos and organize them. I never like my

pictures, so maybe the new windows version will be better. I have my canon

rebel which I can use to get the photos. I just like the elements as I am

used to it now. It's weird that out of 5 times, I got it to get my photos

once! But ever since I added the service pack suggested to me, it has done

nothing and even disappeared from the task bar icons. Guess it's no meant

to stay! Thanks!