2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 11:23 PM by mlavie

Attempt to Install InDesign Extension Fails

mlavie Level 1

I developed an Extenstion in InDesign 5, and I created the exptension manually (i.e., without the Extension Builder).

We have had no problem installing it in InDesign 5 and 5.5. In addition, we succeeded in installing it on InDesign 6 on a Windows PC.

We just tried installing it on a Mac running InDesign 6. The Extension Manager failed, with message:

"Failed to install the Creative Suite Extension <FileName.zxp>. Please make sure the manifest.xml of this extension is valid and the Extension Manager recognizes at least one product which the extension supports. The extension will not be installed."

I don't know if this is a Mac vs. PC issue, or not.

Any ideas what to do?

TIA,

mlavie

• 1. Re: Attempt to Install InDesign Extension Fails
          brianreavis Level 1

Failed to install the Create Suite Extension ‘…’. Please Make sure the manifest.xml of this extension is valid and the Extension Manager recognizes at least one product which the extension supports. The extension will not be installed.”

When you double click an extension, the most current version of the Adobe Extension Manager launches. If that version does not contain Photoshop, this error is thrown. This commonly happens for people that have more than one version of the Creative Suite installed.  To fix this, launch the Adove Extension Manager from the Creative Suite version that matches your copy of Photoshop, and click “Install.” Then navigate to the plugin file.

See: http://guideguide.me/help/.

Does this help?  If not, you should post your "manifest.xml".

• 2. Re: Attempt to Install InDesign Extension Fails
            mlavie Level 1

Hi Brian,

Thanks - I already had figured that out, but forgot to post here that it was solved.

In any case, thank you for your response!

mlavie