Can you please specify what album are duplicating?
Which version of PSE you have and which OS are you on?
It's photoshop elements 11 and what is OS?
The albums that I have imported into the adobe elements organiser where firstly as I labeled them and now there is 2 o every almbum one underneath the other.
Angela Pfeiffenberger-Stacey, BTchg
+44 774 785 7016
OS stands for 'operating system'.
Could you please upload a snapshot of Elements Organizer (which must show duplicate albums you are referring to)?
Ok so opened organizer to take a photo of the doubled up alvums but they are not there. Could it be related to the back up of files???
It asks me every time i open it whether i want to create a backup catalog. Think i clicked backup catalog last time and then it froze.
So a few questions for clarification;
1) whats the back up catalog process and how does it work?
2) if i work on and delete files on the organizer folders does it transfer to my original photo files in My Pictures on my actual harddrive??
3) any more idea of why the program slows right down and freezes when i use it or when i start to work on the photos??
Really appreciate your insights to al of that.
Please find my comments inline:
1. The prompt you see at launch of Organizer is called Auto backup prompt. It recommends you to take backup of catalog. It is recommended to take regular backups of your catalog. For details please refer: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/elementsorganizer/using/WS3d021fd412237a2f14afb0171392eec10c6- 7ffe.html
2. Supose you have taken full catalog backup on an external drive. Now if you delete your media (or does a system format), then on restoring this catalog, all your media is restored back (which includes everthing).
3. For imporving performance, please refer to: http://psekb.blogspot.in/2013/04/how-to-improve-pses-performance-please.html
Please let me know if you need more info on any point.
the link (within the blog psekb) for improving editor performance is giving me a not found error
Updated the link. Thanks for bringing it out.