6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 8:12 PM by James_P

Can This Laptop Be Used For Premier Pro CS6?

James_P

Developed an interest in learning to edit video but have become confused in reading all of the posts about what is the true minimum hardware requirement/setup, as compared to what is listed as System Requirements by Adobe.  Probably best to start with my initial goals.

Here is what I was looking at doing as this journey begins:

Purchased Creative Suite 6 Production Premium Classroom in a Book(CIB) after reading a review it would be a better start than Premier Pro CIB, which I plan on getting, if one has no experience in this field.  During research feel that I would like to become a subscriber to the Creative Cloud as there are a number of products I would like to learn and use.  Basically, I am hopeful that I may use my current laptop for the beginning of my education and further down the road look at getting a more powerful system as knowledge/skills/requirements increase.  Initial video I wouild like to work with is that received from family members smart phones and will be looking at purchasing a simple video camera for short interviews and brief presentantions.  Will likely desire uploading some completed projects to the web.

Current Hardware:

Laptop:  Asus N53SV

CPU: Intel i7-2670QM  2.2GHz Cores=4  Threads=8

L3 Cache: 6mb

RAM: 6MB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 1024 MB

OpenGL: 3.1.0

Display: 1920 X 1080

Drives: (1) HD, Seagate 500GB @ 7,200 RPM partitioned as C: 186GB with OS and programs,  D: 254GB some documents

E: Optical DVD-RW

F: USB 3 connected 2 TB Seagate GoFlex External HD

If this laptop can be used with current hardware, I wouild sincerely appreciate any suggestions for how to best utilize what is available to begin learning Premier Pro CS6.  As I will not have any time schedules that will have to be met I can accept that this may not be the ideal system.  Just hoping it can be a start.

If any further information is required about the laptop please let me know and Thank You for your time with this question.

James