5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2013 3:55 PM by Genevieve Laroche

Emailing new created form

123456dkr

I just created a form,saved it to my files , but now it won't let me open it or email it-why?

• 1. Re: Emailing new created form
          Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

I need more information about your issue.

Did you create the form here : https://formscentral.acrobat.com?

What do you mean by "saved it to my files"? Your forms saves automatically.

What do you mean by "can't open it"? Are you clicking on the file in the FormsCentral dashboard and nothing happen? Do you see an error message?

Gen

• 2. Re: Emailing new created form
            123456dkr Level 1

Yes I created the form at formscentral.acrobat.com. After I finished creating the form, I save it to my computer, under my name and my documents. Since it said it was already a PDF form, I figured I could save it . When I did it only saved it as a file form, not PDF. When I tried to open i, I got the erroe message that the form may have been damaged or something like that, it also said the form was not supported. This is my first time tryng this. When I tried to save as a PDF form, it directed me to go buy some other service to be able to do this. I already paid $300 for the Adobe Acrobat XI Standard program, why should or would I have to buy something else to be able to use the forms I create???

• 3. Re: Emailing new created form

Do you by any change working on a mac? Do you hide extension? There is currently a bug with the FlashPlayer and certain browsers which save the file without any extension.

You should be able to add an extension manually to the file. Make sure it ends with ".pdf".

Can you let me know which browser you are using?

Let me know if once you add an extension you are able to open the PDF.

You don't need to buy anything else to be able to use FormsCentral.

Thanks

Gen

• 4. Re: Emailing new created form
                123456dkr Level 1

HI, I am not working on a Mac. I really don't know what you mean " did I hide the extension". How would I add the extension manually to the file? As far as the browser. I beleive it it Windows Internet Explorer. My system is a Gateway with Windows7. I appreciate any help you can give me.

• 5. Re: Emailing new created form

Can you confirm that you started with a PDF that you then imported into FormsCentral.

How did you save it to your system? Did you save via the File menu ("File > Save Submission-Enabled PDF Form") or via the "Save Submission-Enabled PDF Form" button on the "Distribute Tab"? The file you save on your system can't not be re-imported back into FormsCentral. You should however see the imported PDF in the FormsCentral dashboard ("My Forms").

Please send me the file that you saved on your system (glaroche@adobe.com) so I can see if there is anything wrong with it.