1 2 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 3:50 PM by Tilles80
      • 1. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
        lincolnberryiii

I am having this exact same issue!

I am running Flash Professional CS6  on OS X Mountain Lion if that helps any.

• 2. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
          deljs

I have been experiencing  this issue as well, in ALL of the Creative Cloud applications. In fact, in searching for a solution, I have seen many incidences of this problem.

Adobe seems to be keeping silent on the matter, as usual. In a chat session with customer service today (Mohammed), I got the runaround, he wanted to know why I would even want to access  the Exchange Panel while using an application (!?!?!). After a half hour of inane irrelevant questions he tells me he can't help me  with technical issues and provides a link to the phone numbers for sales. I'm seriously thinking of unsubscribing and going back to bought & paid-for CS4.

Anyway, their reputation for terrible customer support is still intact.

• 3. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
            lesavage Adobe Employee

Hello All,

Apologies for the delay. Could you all confirm the following so I can investigate this issue further:

1. Platform being used e.g. Mac 10.8, Win 7
            2. Version of Adobe Exchange Panel installed
            3. How you installed the panel, through AAM, on Exchange etc.
            4. Version of Extension Manager installed
            5. Do you have any anti virus software installed, if so:
              1. what anti virus software have you got installed
              2. was it running during the installation

Thanks in advance,

Lea

• 4. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
              deljs Level 1

1. Windows XP, 32-bit

2. Exchange Panel Version 0.9.4

3. Download from adobeexchange.com, installed through the Extension Manager

4. Extension Manager version 6.0.5.9

5. Comodo anti-virus/firewall installed, NOT running during install

Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                lincolnberryiii Level 1

The panel doesn't work in Adobe Flash CS6 on either platform:

1. MacBook Pro 15" running OS X Moutain Lion 10.8.3, Windows 7 desktop PC

2. 0.9.4 Mac, would nto install on PC

3. Installed via download from Adobe Exchange on the internet for both machines

4. 6.0.5.9 on the Mac, 5.0.334 PC wouldn't install, I get a "Failed to install the Creative Suite Extension" even after disabling anti-virus

5. No for both on the Mac, Yes: AVG Anti Virus on the PC, and no, it was not running at the time of installation

• 6. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                  fgregor Adobe Employee

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience with this issue - rest assured that we are working to get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible.

If anyone who is experiencing this problem also has another CS6 product installed, can you confirm whether or not you can see the Adobe Exchange panel in that other product?

After installing via Extension Manager, does the extension appear in Extension Manager as though it has been installed? And if so, can you see an "AdobeExchange" folder in /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions or /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions (on Mac), or C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\extensions (on Windows)?

So far I haven't been able to reproduce this behaviour, but in the meantime one thing to try is this - uninstall the Adobe Exchange extension using Extension Manager. Then, if an "AdobeExchange" folder does still appear in one of the locations mentioned above, move it to your home folder (so that you can put it back later if this doesn't work). Now, re-install the Adobe Exchange ZXP using Extension Manager CS6, and try to access the installed extension in Flash CS6.

If you still can't see the Adobe Exchange panel in Windows > Extensions, please tell us the exact version of Flash you're using (Flash > About Flash) - e.g. 12.0.0.481 so that we can test with that exact version in order to hopefully see the same behaviour you're seeing.

Thanks and best wishes,

Fraser

• 7. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                    DaveG1968

I am running Adobe Production Suite on Windows 7, installed Adobe Exchange today, but it does not show up in any of my programs.  It DOES show up as installed in Extension Manager, and there is NO AdobeExchange folder in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\extensions.

I hope this helps in figuring out the issue.

• 8. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                      deljs Level 1

Exchange Panel Extension shows up in:

Photoshop 13.0.1 x32

Flash 12.0.2.529

Indesign 8.0.1

Dreamweaver 12.2 Build 6006

Illustrator 16.2.0 (32-bit)

I am using Windows XP Professional. Not sure if this is the corresponding folder or not but...

There is NO "AdobeExchange" folder in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\extensions

• 9. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                        lesavage Adobe Employee

Sorry all, an addition to the path checking on Windows. Can you also check in the following directory:

C:\Program Files [(x86)]\Common Files\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\extensions

Thanks,

Lea

• 10. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                          fgregor Adobe Employee

I've tried reproducing this behaviour on various machines (WinXP, Win7, OS X Lion) with the exact versions specified and still have had no problems.

I'm wondering if the cause of this is that some of you may still have remnants of old versions of the Adobe Exchange extension lying around on your machines (as this seems like it could possibly be related to http://forums.adobe.com/message/4706430#4706430)

Please double-check that there is no folder called "Exchange", "Adobe Exchange", or anything similar in any of these paths before installing the extension afresh:

C:\Program Files [(x86)]\Common Files\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\extensions

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\extensions

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\extensions

/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions

Also, just to be safe, please check  ...etc....\CS5ServiceManager\extensions and ......etc....\CS5.5ServiceManager\extensions

If you are still encountering problems - can I ask whether you are able to download and use other extensions (i.e. not the Adobe Exchange extension itself) for Flash CS6? (e.g. downloaded from www.adobeexchange.com) Or is it just the Adobe Exchange extension?

Thanks,

Fraser

• 11. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                            deljs Level 1

I have checked all of the paths specified that relate to WinXP-32. There is a folder called "AdobeExchange" in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CS6ServiceManager\extensions

When I uninstall using Extension Manager this goes away. When I reinstall, this comes back. Still, after entering my password, the Adobe Exchange panel graphic just spins saying 'Logging in..." but it never gets logged in that I can tell.

I don't have CS5 or 5.5, just CS4 - no adobe exchange  in any folders.

Yes, I do have several other extensions installed that work fine; Russell Brown stuff and my own Configurator panels show up in the Extensions menu. Primarily photoshop.

-Breaking News-

Don't know if this is useful or not, but I have just let it spin for about 20 min. in Photoshop just now. When I closed the Adobe Exchange panel and then closed Photoshop, I got the following error:

DDE Server Window: Photoshop.exe - Application Error

The insruction at "0x18578155" referenced memory at "0x193ea244". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

OK

I had not opened or created any files in the session, only attempted to use the exchange panel.

Thanks for keeping after this issue.

• 12. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                              fgregor Adobe Employee

Thanks for your reply deljs - this gives us something to go on.

I might be mistaken, but your problem sounds different from the problem SIBATman10 mentions in the first post - I gather that he's unable to see the panel at all (as it isn't listed in Window > Extensions), whereas you are able to see the panel - but it gets stuck and shows a spinner indefinitely while logging in. Were you always able to see the panel, or is this a new development? (or can you only see the panel in Photoshop; not Flash?)

One thing to try would be signing-out of Adobe Application Manager (open Adobe Application Manager, top left corner - click the arrow next to your name, Sign Out). Leave Adobe Application Manager open, then try relaunching Flash and re-opening the Adobe Exchange extension.

Many thanks,

Fraser

• 13. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                deljs Level 1

Yes, my problem is different. My apologies to SIBATman10. I misread the original post. Sorry for the hijack.

I have been able to see the panel since installing the Creative Cloud software. I can see the panel in all programs, same behavior in all programs.

I tried your suggestion. Signing-out of Adobe Application Manager makes no difference. Indefinite spinner...

Thanks

• 14. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                  fgregor Adobe Employee

Okay, thanks for the extra info.

I'm guessing that SIBATman10 hasn't been back since he last commented - if anyone with that problem is following the steps of checking for any undeleted AdobeExchange folders lying around, please also keep an eye out for folders called AgoraPanel and delete these. (Searching your computer for any folders called AgoraPanel or AdobeExchange may be helpful).

deljs, could you please take a look in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Adobe\Exchange and share the contents of AdobeExchange.log? It sounds like something is going wrong authentication-wise and this log might provide some clues. It could be a few megabytes in size so it may be best to email me (fgregor at adobe.com).

Thanks,

Fraser

• 15. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                    fgregor Adobe Employee

Thanks deljs for sending me your log file - this has helped a lot.

It looks as though a database file used for authentication has become corrupted. Here are some steps to try:

• Close all Adobe products including Adobe Application Manager and Extension Manager
                                    • Locate the file C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db and delete it (this is the file we think is corrupt)
                                    • Also delete C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Adobe\Exchange\AdobeExchange.log which you sent us previously - as this will be automatically recreated later
                                    • Open a CS6 Adobe Product - you will be prompted to login to Adobe Application Manager. Once logged in, open the Adobe Exchange panel, and login to Adobe Exchange if necessary. At this point you should be able to see that opm.db and AdobeExchange.log have been recreated. If your problem is still not solved, please let us know what happened and share with us the new log file.

Fingers crossed!

Best wishes,

Fraser

• 16. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                      deljs Level 1

I deleted opm.db however, the path it resided at was:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db

I deleted the log file:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Adobe\Exchange\AdobeExchange.log

Opened Photoshop CS6 - was not prompted to login to Application Manager

Opened Exchange Panel - same result as always, perpetual spinner

opm.db and AdobeExchange.log were both recreated

I will send you the log file.

• 17. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                        fgregor Adobe Employee

Thanks again for persevering with this - we think we have now identified the component causing problems for you.

Could you also please share the following logs?

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\amt3.log

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\PDApp.log

Apologies if the Windows XP paths aren't quite right - on Windows 7 they are:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\PDApp.log

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\amt3.log

It's currently being investigated, so I'll report back as soon as I can.

Best wishes,

Fraser

• 18. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                          lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. We now have a Knowledge Base article available which provides steps on how to resolve this sign in issue:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-signin-aam-update.html

If you still continue to experience issues then please get in touch.

Thanks,

Lea

• 19. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                            deljs Level 1

OK I finally got a chance to try this.

Followed the instructions from your link. Restarted the machine.

Opened Photoshop. Opened Exchange panel. Selected a product. Download starts.

After download completes, I get prompted for password - twice in a row.

It asks to open Extension Manager (sorry, don't remember the exact verbage)

EM opens, prompts for password (twice, I think), starts installing, then fails with the following message:

"The extension can not be installed." I close the dialog. Then it prompts for password.

Then Photoshop regains focus and displays the following error message in the Exchange panel:

"Installation failed with error code: 1. The zxp installer has been copied to your documents folder."

Meanwhile, Extension Manager hasn't totally given up. When I go back to EM to attempt manual install of zxp file, it repeats:

"The extension can not be installed." I close the dialog.

So, I go back to PS and close the dialog and it shows the product now listed in the panel.

I click "Install" on the far right. Download starts over with no password prompt.

After download completes, EM pops up (was still open) to install. Prompts for password.

Goes through what looks like installation with progress bar. Then done. Product does not show in PS extension list.

Back to PS. Exchange panel spinner going, saying "Installing..."

I shut the panel after about 10 min. of spinner. Close and restart PS. Product not in Exchange panel. Close PS.

Open Extension Manager and try to install manually via the file menu.

Prompt for "Accept" and password. Progress bar. Then:

"The extension can not be installed." Close dialog.

Open PS, open exchange panel, try a different product (a Russell Brown one, to be sure its good).

Download begins/ends. EM opens, prompts for password.

Looks like its installing, but never shows in extension list.

I go back to PS and the spinner is going, saying: "Installing..."

After 15 min, I close panel and PS. PS throws the following error:

"DDE Server Window: Photoshop.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x18578155" referenced memory at "0x193ea244". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program"

I click OK, then jump back to EM to attempt a manual install of this second product.

"Extension cannot be installed."

So, yes, I'm still experiencing issues.

• 20. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                              lesavage Adobe Employee

It sounds like the original forum title has now been resolved, e.g. you can now open Adobe Exchange from within the Point Product, yes?

However, you are now experiencing issues in relation to installing products through Exchange or Extension Manager.

Could you try the following two things:

1) Delete

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db

then try the installation steps again. Please highlight how many times, like above, that you are prompted to login etc.

Could you also send me the following log files to lesavage at adobe dot com.

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Adobe\Exchange\AdobeExchange.log

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\PDApp.log

Could you also try generating the Extension Manager logs as outlined: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4275082#4275082

Thanks,

Lea

• 21. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                Andyz2005

I have the same problem, the panel will not open only in Flash, in all other programs work correctly. I tried to uninstall it and try whatever folder "AdobeExchange" or "Agora", but when you uninstall the panel disappear. My configuration is: Windows 8 64-bit, Flash pro 12.0.2.259, Extension Manager 6.0.5.9, Exchange Panel 0.9.4

• 22. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                  lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi Andyz2005,

Could you send me screenshots of what you do see? For example, is Exchange listed in the Windows > Extensions menu? Or does it just not get launched? Can you also confirm what products it does work in.

Thanks,

Lea

• 23. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                    brianreavis

Hi Lea,

I'm having the same issue: no extensions show up in the "Extensions" menu. Here is a screenshot:

flash_ext_bug.png

OSX Version: 10.8.2

Flash Version: 12.0.0.481

Extension Manager Version: 6.0.5.9

It's not only happening with the Adobe Exchange Extension. I've been developing a third-party Creative Suite extension and am experiencing the exact same behavior. The extension works in all other applications (PHSP, PHXS, ILST, IDSN, FWKS, DRWV, etc). If I deploy the extension manually for debugging (bypassing Extension Manager) as I do for the other applications, it doesn't show up either (process outlined in the CS SDK guide). It seems to be an issue with CS Service Manager or Flash.

- Brian

• 24. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                      lesavage Adobe Employee

Thanks Brian,

Could you enable the following logs and send the output to lesavage at adobe dot come.

Thanks,

Lea

On Mac:

Edit the CSXS preference properties file, located at /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.3.plist

Increase the logging to 6.

Complete the same steps again and then send me the log file which uses the naming convention csxs*versionNumber*-<HostID>.log. For example, Flash will have the log file csxs3-FLPR.log. The log file is located at /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/CSXS

On Windows:

Edit the CSXS preference properties file, located at regedit>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>CSXS.3

Increase the logging to 6.

Complete the same steps again and then send me the log file which uses the naming convention csxs*versionNumber*-<HostID>.log. For example, Flash will have the log file csxs3-FLPR.log. The log file is located at C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\AppData\Local Settings\Temp\

• 25. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                        brianreavis Level 1

I set LogLevel to 6 in the following files:

~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS2Preferences.plist

~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.2.5.plist

~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.3.plist

In all other applications but Flash, it shows each panel successfully being enumerated. For example:

https://gist.github.com/brianreavis/bc5bb30286c8b24d6fa6

No "csxs3-FLPR.log" is created.

• 26. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                          deljs Level 1

OK, I downloaded and installed the latest Extension Manager update (6.0.6.4) early this morning.

All of my issues are now resolved. Adobe Exchange panel and Extension Manager work together to select, download, and install extensions properly. Further, manual installs via EM work properly as well.

The only anomalous behaviour is that after an extension has been downloaded by the panel and installed by the EM, the spinner in the Adobe Exchange panel continues spinning indefinitely saying "Installing..."

Simply X-ing out (closing) the panel and restarting the application shows that the extension has been  installed correctly and works fine.

Thanks for your diligence in seeing this through and getting it fixed. I appreciate it.

deljs

• 27. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                            brianreavis Level 1

On that note, the original problem posted by SIBATman10 still stands. I talked with the Flash team and they're going to give me an instrumented build of Flash to debug the problem (supposedly). I'll try to update this thread with how that goes.

• 28. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                              brianreavis Level 1

Update: still no updates from Adobe. Seems to have fallen into a black hole (again).

• 29. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                fgregor Adobe Employee

Hi Brian,

I've asked the Flash team for an update on this and will let you know as soon as I hear back. Thanks for your patience.

Fraser

• 30. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                  fgregor Adobe Employee

Hi Brian,

I'm told that the Flash team is still working on the instrumented build and they expect it to take another day or two. Thanks again for bearing with us.

Fraser

• 31. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                    Stevenff

The exchange "DragonBones" can not be found in Flash CS6 for mac, so was AdobeExchange.

FLASH for windows 7 works fine.

but OSX.....terrible,I cant find it anywhere!anywhere.

FIX IT,please!

• 32. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                      Stevenff Level 1

PS. my device is MACBOOK PRO RETINA 15'

• 33. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                        fgregor Adobe Employee

Hi Stevenff,

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.

Are you saying that there is a Flash CS6 extension which you can download from Adobe Exchange on Windows 7 but not on Mac? If so, please tell me more information about that extension so that I can investigate (a screenshot of the Adobe Exchange extension listing on Windows would be great). I can't find any extension called DragonBones

Thanks,

Fraser

• 34. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                          Stevenff Level 1

windows > extensions>   nothing in this menu

I installed Dragonbones Panel,but it  can not  be found in FLASH>window>other panels. I don't know why.

when I using FLASH in windows 7   all of them worked fine.

but in mac osx  10.8.3,I can't find them anywhere(Dragonbones,Adobe exchange,and no matter what it is .can't find them)

60906B66-FFB8-4E7F-BFA5-20EE0E759D3D.png

• 35. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                            fgregor Adobe Employee

Hi Stevenff,

Just to clarify - did you download the "Dragonbones Panel" from Adobe Exchange? If so, please tell me more information about that extension so that I can investigate.

If you did not download the product from Adobe Exchange, you will need to contact the publisher of the panel directly for help, as this forum is for getting help with Adobe Exchange and not extensions in general.

Best wishes,

Fraser

• 36. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                              Svagers Level 1

Is the problem solved? I hate that Exchange is only accessible from the programm (Flash for example) and not available online. Because I can't access it from the programm

• 37. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                                fgregor Adobe Employee

Hi Svagers,

I haven't seen any response from Stevenff so it's not clear whether he is still having problems.

When you say "Because I can't access it from the programm", are you saying that the Adobe Exchange panel does not load for you? In which Adobe product? (Flash CS6?) Please provide more information and we'll investigate.

Thanks,

Fraser

• 38. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                                  Tilles80 Level 1

hi guys,

sorry to bring this up again, but it seems we don't have a solution yet.

Like Stevenff, I can't get extensions to appear on Windows > Extensions. At least, not on my Mac. On Windows, it's ok.

SWF panels works fine, they appear in Windows > Other Panels, but Windows > Extensions is always empty.

For me, it's just on Mac and Flash CS6. Other CS6 works fine on both Windows and Mac.

I`m running Flash CS6, on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5,
                                                                                  2,5 GHz Intel Core i5

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

thanks

• 39. Re: Exchange Extension in Flash CS6
                                                                                    fgregor Adobe Employee

Hi Tilles80,

Please tell me if my understanding is wrong - you're only experiencing this problem on Mac for Flash CS6 - and other CS6 products work fine.

It would be useful for us to have Flash CS6 generate logs to work out what's going wrong. Could you please carry out the following steps and email the log file to me at fgregor at adobe dot com?

In Terminal enter the following command:

sudo plutil -convert xml1 ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.3.plist

open -a TextEdit ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.3.plist

… a blob of XML should pop up in TextEdit. Increase the LogLevel from 1 to 6.

<key>LogLevel</key>

<string>6</string>

Save your changes to the file.

Then back in terminal,

sudo plutil -convert binary1 ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.3.plist

Restart Flash CS6 and repeat the same steps again. The log file will be available at:

/Users/<username>/Library/Logs/CSXS/csxs3-FLPR.log

Could you also please let me know the contents of the <HostList>...</HostList> section from the following files (if they exist)?

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions/AdobeExchange/CSXS/manifest.xml

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions/AdobeExchange/CSXS/manifest.xml

Thanks for your perseverance!

Fraser

1 2 Previous Next