1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2007 1:54 PM by Newsgroup_User

Hot Spot Help Please

adminiii
      I suppose I am not fully understanding, as this is my first attempt at hot spots. My webpage is copied from a powerpoint presentation of my company. And I just did a print screen of each slide, and made them to PNG files and used those as my website. The problem comes in now. I have highlighted some of the text in blue to 'appear' as a link. I am trying to use a hot spot on the image, so that when I Insert Image into dreamweaver, I try to preview it and the hot spot does not work. However, when I preview it in Fireworks, it does work. AM I doing something wrong? I even tried to "Slice" it and It is still not working. I must be missing something? But I tried to follow the documentation proivded with the program. Now I am here seeking additional information.
        • 1. Re: Hot Spot Help Please
          Level 7
          adminiii wrote:

I am trying to use a hot spot on the
          > image, so that when I Insert Image into dreamweaver, I try to preview it and
          > the hot spot does not work. However, when I preview it in Fireworks, it does
          > work. AM I doing something wrong? I even tried to "Slice" it and It is still
          > not working. I must be missing something? But I tried to follow the
          > documentation proivded with the program. Now I am here seeking additional
          > information.

1. Please don't make entire web pages out of a single image. The site
          cannot be indexed by search engines, people who view the pages with
          images turned off won't see anything, vision challenged people who use
          text readers will not be able to access the information on the page.

2. You need to Export as images and HTML for the hotspots to function.
          Using Save or Save as will not work.

3. Why not create the hotspots in Dreamweaver?

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------