4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2013 9:54 AM by Mylenium

Tracking point

unionempireuk

I have a template which i have downloaded and its of a iphone and i can change the images and text etc to suit me and my project.

On one part of the clip it uses two fingers to do the zoom in fucnction that the iphone offers, but i need to change this focus point when it zooms in as it goes to part of the image which has nothing showing so looks unprofessional.

I have tred moving it around, but seems to not work and jolts around before gong to the postion its set too.

Can someone point me in the right directions.

please ask and ill provide any information needed.

• 1. Re: Tracking point
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

There's probably a nested comp within the template that should be opened to insert the new screen.  You'll have to search for it.  Every template is different, but that's the most likely explanation.

If the template came with an instruction document or a readme document you should.... well, read it.

• 2. Re: Tracking point
            unionempireuk Level 1

Thanks for the speedy responce Dave,

I am a newbie to this....

The Template did come with a vdeo instruction, but hey seem to have missed this part out for some reason!

whats the best wording to search for? if i searched for "nested" would this find what your suggesting?

Ive inserted a few screenshots if this helps.

Snap 2013-03-27 at 14.03.10.png

Snap 2013-03-27 at 14.03.35.png

1.png

• 3. Re: Tracking point
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

Thanks for the screen shots, but sadly, they're not much help.  People would need the actual template project in hand, open on their own machines, to trace things back. 

Most people don't have that kind of time... and I'm sure the purchase agreement bans your just giving the template away in the first place.

I'd go over that tutorial video many times until I understood what's going on.  Don't say to yourself, "Well, I THINK I know what's going on.

• 4. Re: Tracking point
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You would have to animate the anchor point along with the actual position... Anyway, why not find a basic animation tutorial e.g. for a "map zoom" effect where animating scale, position and anchor point are commonly used? Seems to me you just jumped ahead too far without a grasp of some basics...

Mylenium