4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2013 1:56 PM by JemmaKay

Converting pictures

JemmaKay

The software I have ended up converting RAW pictures into tiffs

They need to go on a web site and that will only accept jpegs

Adobe v9 will not convert the tiffs to jpegs

I started taking screen shots but I've got too many and some have come out either too large or too small so I need to keep repeating the action for the same picture and altering the quality so the outcome will either be larger or smaller pictures

I've tried to downlaod Adobe elements version 11 to see if I need to buy it

It appears to have installed but then the only opions to open appears to be the full version

I don't know what else to try

I have an iMac that is running Mountain Lion (the latest version)

Close to throwing it all through the window

Too many wasted hours

Too many tears trying to achieve and failing again

• 1. Re: Converting pictures
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Camera RAW forum.

JemmaKay most manufacturers who utilize the Camera RAW format usually include a utility to convert and use those files.  You may want to look at the software which came with your camera as a possible solution.

Other users in this forum may have additional suggestions.  It would be beneficial though if we know which Adobe Creative software and version which you currently have available to you?  Also which camera is producing these RAW images?

• 2. Re: Converting pictures
            RASouthworth Level 3

You can convert your images in the included Mac program Preview, using Export off of the File menu.

Richard Southworth

• 3. Re: Converting pictures
              JemmaKay Level 1

I am an amteur photographer for an Amateur Dramatic company

When I take the Front of House pictures the stage lighting produces many different colours

I used my Canon 600D to take RAW & jpeg pictures

I was in a rush as I take the pictures at the Dress the night before then I need to sort & print & get them to the theatre before the audience arrives

When I inserted the cd that came with my newish Canon camera, the Mac software didn't seem to load properly

I downloaded some software from the internet

I didn't have time other than to simpley click a button and hey presto the programme gave me better colours

I'm rushing now as I need to get to the Amateur Dramatics with the jpeg pics on a memory stick so someone can put them on our web page

There is an 'umbrella' organisation that puts a lot of other Am Dram pictures as well as ours on their web site (he will have to wait)

I should have left about 8-30pm & I've not quite finished so, thank you so much for your reply

I will check this site either on my return or after I've been to the gym tomorrow

What you've said has been very helpful

• 4. Re: Converting pictures
                JemmaKay Level 1

The 'export' was greyed out

It might have been because the pics were 16 bit

I tried something else tonight a box told me that I needed to convert the pics to 8 bits, which I did

Now it appears I can re-save the tiffs as jpegs

Thanks any way

will catch up later