I think Google Chrome is more easy to troubleshoot. Try this:
1. Open Chrome.
2. Click the far-right Icon (Customize and control Google Chrome).
3. Select about Google Chrome. It check if Google Chrome is up to date and if not it'll get update.
4. You must wait until a GREEN check mark appear saying your Google Chrome is up to date.
5. Remember, you don't need to get Adobe Flash Player separately because Google Chrome has it own integrated Player.
6. Accept Google Chrome constant upgrade to their Chrome browser.
Wishing you Good Luck!
windows 8.1 flash crashed every browser...1 year later and after reading every single thing that may be wrong and upgrading to windows 10..still same issue..unresponsive plug..crashes even with Edge and Chrome that have their own..