3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2013 9:18 AM by Mylenium

How to Slice a Watermark to a CSS layer?

WebDBApps

Hi,

I've been provided a PSD that contains a background image, a photo for the masthead, and a watermark that overlays the background color but underlays the photo.  I need to create a valid HTML5/CSS3 layout.  How do I go about slicing the photo, and the overlapping watermark, ensuring that the watermark doesn't include the photo and vice versa?

Thanks,

Sid

• 1. Re: How to Slice a Watermark to a CSS layer?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I don't follow. Excluding the watermark would deafeat the purpose of watermarking the image in the first place, would it not? That aside I don't see the problem - an image is an image and if you realyl want it this way, you simply place the watermark in a separate DIV and manipulate the z-index.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: How to Slice a Watermark to a CSS layer?
            WebDBApps Level 1

So, the watermark is placed partly on th banner image and partly on the background color. When I slice the banner, it's part if it because its part of all the layers.

I guess what I need to know is how to isolate it as its own layer to turn it off for banner slicing? 

• 3. Re: How to Slice a Watermark to a CSS layer?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nobody can tell you any of that without seeing the layer structure. It could be buried in some layer group or your designer even have merged/ flattened it with another layer. If you can't find it, chances are slim anyobody here can and if you want an honest opinion: If you can't talk to the designer who originally provided the artwork and have him provide the sliced versions or provide clues as to which layers to toggle on an off, then something is terribly wrong here...

Mylenium