1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2013 11:04 AM by try67

Options for placing stamps with Javascript

DerekLee1

Hi all.  I'm new to Javascript, but have managed to create a set of dynamic stamps that will place the filename sans extension into the stamp.  Now I'm trying to automate this action for batch processing, and I've been able to get it to batch stamp, but I can't figure out how to get the action to place the stamp in a specific location.  Ideally, I'd like a pair of questions to pop up at the beginning of the batch process asking "Which stamp would you like to use?" and have the user enter the option; and then the "Where would you like the stamp placed?" and have the options of top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, and bottome center.  I'm sure this can be done; it's just that my knowledge is very limited.  I'd be perfectly content with 5 different scripts, though, as long as I could batch stamp in a specific location.  Thanks for any help!

• 1. Re: Options for placing stamps with Javascript
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

This can't be achieved with just an Action. You need an external script that will ask the user those questions before they run the Action itself.

So this will have to be a 2-step procedure.

You will also need to decide how to represent the stamp's location. The default units used are pica points, but that might be confusing for the users. You can use inches or something else. Another option is to let the user stamp the first file themselves, then collect the stamp's location (and type) and use it for the rest of the files... That might be more intuitive for the users.