Select the menu (not a button), and look at Properties, motion tab. What is the duration?
When it gets to ther 30 second mark, the Menu goes black, but the song is still playing.
The whole menu goes black or just the animated button?
The whole menu goes black.
What is the duration set to?
If you deselect "animate buttons," what do you see after the 30 sec mark?
Edit: Do you have anything in the video motion asset (not the animate button)?
OK when I open my menu with nothing in it, just 4 Buttons and some text, Under the Properties Panel ----- Menu ----- Motion ----- It says Duration 30 Seconds.
When I drag my video into one of the Buttons it still says Duration 30 Seconds.
That is all with the “Animate Buttons” Checked.
If I uncheck the “Animate Buttons” box, it does not change anything.
Underneath where the “Animate Buttons “ is checked there are 2 Drop Down Boxes.
- ) Loop Point – It is on 00;00;00;00 (When I go and try and change that, it always goes back to the original Zeros) It won't let me change that duration
- ) Loop # - It is set to “Forever”,
What do you mean by “Do you have anything in the video motion asset (not the animate button)?
What is the background for your menu? Is it the default for the menu you added? Did you edit in Photoshop?
You might want to post a s creenshot of the motion tab. I am assuming you have an audio asset and no video asset for themenu itself, and then the button animated. (See image below.)
I don't understand how you have a long audio in the menu with only 30 seconds duration.
Here is the motion tab with no motion, and therefore no duration.
Here is the motion tab after I add a 25 second audio asset. The duration matches.
How did you add the audio?
In any event, try changing that duration to the length of the audio.
Hi again Stan,
Ok I have attached 3 Screenshots. I will explain what each one is at the top of it.
This one is just the Sub Menu, No Videos or Audio in there as of yet
This ScreenShot Contains The Submenu and the 52 Second Video inside a Video Button.
This last Screenshot is Both the 52 Second Video is in a Video Button and a 2 minute and 24 second is on the menu as well. This song plays as soon as the menu is opened
To get the Audio in the Menu, all I did was import the song as an Asset and Drag and Drop it on the Menu.
After 30 Seconds the menu goes to Black, but the song keeps on playing.
I want the video to keep looping and looping without the menu going to black after 30 seconds.
I bought and Downloaded these Motion Menus from Pre-Composed .com. They ate not from the ones that come with Encore.
I hope this helps to try and solve my problem.
Thanks in advance
Note that my experience has been that Precomposed is very responsive to their customers. Contact them for assistance.
Each of the menus you have has a video motion background. Are you wanting this video motion to be there? I suspect it is 30 seconds in length, in part because your first screenshot (that you describe as having no motion) has just this m2v video, and the length is 30 seconds. In the menu with the long audio, the video background to the menu (not the animated button video) finishes at 30 seconds, and there is then no background to the menu. The menu "motion" continues to fit the audio. Note that the actual burned disk may hold the last frame of the motion video instead of going to black, but that is not what you want anyway.
You describe adding "video inside a video button." You may or may not understand what is happening, so let me take a shot at it. When you drag a video to a button, you are linking that timeline to the button. When the button is a video thumbnail button, Encore shows that timeline's poster frame as the button image. If you select "animate buttons" (and render the motion menu), Encore renders an entire background motion for the menu, which combines any full menu motion background (your m2v in this case) and motion from the video thumbnail button(s). The length of the button video that is incorporated is determined by the length of the video that button is linked to and the menu length. The animated button should loop to the end of the menu, but something is not working for you.
I have been playing around in Encore and this is what I have discovered.
When I have the song, 2 and a half minutes on the menu as well as a 52 second Video in the Video button, When I preview it This is waht happens:
It will start to play fine, Then, at the 30 Second Mark, the Background on the Menu (ONLY THE BACKGROUND) goes to Black. I can see see the Video in the Button playing fine and I can still here the song playing. The Text still remains as well.
Then when the song ends. the Background comes back and the menu looks fine again.
So Basically, What I need to figure out is how I can make the Background of this Motion Menu stay on there the entire length of the song. I need to get the Background to be longer than 30 seconds.
Can I do this in Encore? Photoshop?
The button looping correctly makes perfect sense.
Take the 30 second m2v into Premiere. Add it 5 times. Getting it to end at the exact time for the loop you want may require some work. (You can add the audio just to match the length.) Export just the video to the same m2v. You may lose some quality. Use the new 2 1/2 minute m2v.
Ok ere is the latest thing I did and it seems to be working.
I double clicked my menu (actually submenu) in Encore so I can see it in the Menu Monitor.
I followed the following directions and brought it into After Effects. By the way, when you bring a menu into After Effects, it comes is as 2 minutes and 33 sceconds.
After I was in in After Effects and brought it back into Encore, I put my new longer menu on top of the old menu and and put my 52 second video in the Video buttn and added my 2 minute song. It worked great. At 30 seconds in, it did not got to black, it just kept looping like I wanted it to. When the song ended, it started over and he video kept on looping. Great.
1 slight problem though. Once I bring in the new menu from After Effects and place it on top of the old menu, I cannot change any of the text. If I do it goes on top of the original menus text and it looks horrible.
So basically I have to line up and change all of my text first before I want bring it into After Efects. If I want to make a change after the fact, I have to start all over again. This is a bummer.
Maybe you can figure out how I can change text after I bring in my new After Effects menu??
The directions that I followed are right below this sentence. Please let me know if you can figure it out. Thanks a lot
Create an After Effects composition from a menu
- In Encore, select the menu that you want to animate in the Project panel.
- Choose Menu > Create After Effects Composition.
- The menu saves as a PSD file and opens as a project in After Effects. The layer sets and buttons convert to nested compositions.
- In After Effects, animate the menu elements as desired. Set keyframes for position, scale, rotation, or any effects at the times when you want the animation to start and stop. For example, you can have each of three buttons rotate for 5 seconds at staggered intervals. Don’t make the button subpicture layers visible in the composition because they must remain part of the menu in Encore. Convert text layers to editable text if desired.
- Render the movie as a video file. Choose Include Project Link from the output module settings in the Render Queue panel. You can return to After Effects directly from Encore to make adjustments if necessary.
- In Encore, double-click the original menu to open it.
- Choose File > Import As > Asset, select the video you created in After Effects, and click Open.
- In the Layers panel in Encore, hide any layer that is visible in the composition by clicking the Eye icon next to the layer. If you animated the button images, open their button sets and hide the visible layers.
- With the menu selected in the Project panel, click the Motion tab in the Properties panel, and drag the Video pick whip to the After Effects-produced video clip in the Project panel.
- Because the menu is in animation, the video clip takes the place of the actual menu in Encore while still maintaining its original properties such as the button highlights.
- Specify Loop Point and Loop # values. (See About menu display time and looping.)
I am not following what you actually did, in part because you appear to be doing more, and less, than what the directions say to do.
and brought it back into Encore,
What is "it"? In step 6, you double click in Encore to open (reopen) the original menu with the changes. Then in step 7, you import the After Effects rendered background video. I suspect you are missing parts of step 8 where you hide various layers - and that is producing the duplicate appearance.
You were right about me missing a step or 2. I did it agin this morning and now everything is working exactly the want it to. I can change my text in Photoshop and I do not see that double layer.
Here's what I did:
1) Open Encore
2) Double clicked on the Submenu I want to change
3) It opened in the Encore window so I caould see it.
4) I turned off all of the Layers and Text on that submenu so only the Background was showing
5) I created a After Effects Composition by Clicking Menu > Create After Effects Composition
6) After Effects opened up Showing only the background layer (like it was suuposed to)
7) The only thing I did in After Effects is to change the Length of the composition from 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds 1 and a half minutes (just for testing purposes)
8) I rendered it out from After Effects (following the directions I sent you yesterday)
9) Once it was finished Rendereing, I went back into Encore
10)I Imported that newly rendered Menu (that was just done in After Effects) as an Asset
11) I then made sure the Original Menu in Encore was still showing in Encores Monitor
12) I then dragged the Pick Whip from the Motion Properties Tab to the Project Pane where my Newly Rendered After Effects Menu I just made is. (Remember all I did was change the length on this one)
13)I then turned on all of the layers again and the menu looked like it should.
14) I went into Photoshop and changed the names of some buttons. It worked I do not see the duplicte appearance in the text when I changed it.
15) I put a Video inside one of the Video Buttons and and added a song.
16) I rendered it in the preview panel and it worked like a charm. It would loop forever without my menu going black.
Now I can render out the same Submenu a few times just changing the length of each one so I can use them as templates depending on the length of the song I am going to use. I can now use them over and over again.
Thank You for all of your help. I appreciate it.