I think this is the first report about anything to do with a Surface Pro. Do you have the disk space and memory required to run an app like ID which uses a lot of temporary storage (we're seeing other reports of trouble from users who've installed on more conventional computers using solid state drives which tend to be too small to handle the virtual memeory requirements)?
That aside, do you use large fonts in the interface (I've yet to even look at Windows 8, so I have no idea what sort of customizations are possible)? There have been problems since Vista with ID and some Windows interface customizations, so you might want to look at InDesign tools and panels don't respond to mouse clicks (Windows 7/Vista)
Win 8 has less of those issues since there's no Aero interface. I'm running CS6 on Win 8 desktop and laptop without issue.
That said, I don't have a Surface Pro so I have no way of testing this on that device.
The OP may want to report it here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform
Have you checked the Edit>Preferences in InDesign and check Interface and toggling options related to scrolling, like Multi-touch Gestures etc.
Thanks for the replies!
- I checked the Interface Preferences and all seems to be correct
- I have about 35GB of free memory
- Reset Virtual Memory to 1000/3000 Min/Max
Result still the same, no scrollbars. Tried creating new blank doc and result was same. Opened a Photoshop file just to see how it would behave and Scrollbars work normally.
Hopefully I can get this figured out.
I'm having the exact same problem on my Surface Pro and InDesign CS6 (creative cloud).
Also, I am unable to create guides.
Please try running InDesign in the Compatibility Mode to test.
Please update with the result.
This problem has been present approx. 95% of the time I have tried to use ID. On a few occasions it worked correctly but there was never any indication why or when it would work. As suggested, I tried running in Compatibility mode and it worked the first time but didn't work on any subsequent attempts. While browsing the compatibility tab, I checked the "Disable display caching on high DPI settings" and this appears to have resolved the issue.
Thanks utbnc, Glad you were able to figure out the solution to your problem.. .. I hope this help other users as well.