6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2013 2:25 AM by CamachoMarco31

Font doesn't display in output video

CamachoMarco31 Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've got a problme with After Effects CS6.

I've installed it on a windows 8 and i've downloaded some fonts on the web.

I've installed them in the C:/Windows/fonts folder.

When I open After Effects, the texte is correctly displayed.

But when i make a render of my video, the font is replaced by Times New Roman font.

I don't understand why After Effects does that.

Can anybody help me ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Font doesn't display in output video
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

We cannot know. We need to know what exactly you are doing, where the font is used, what your settings are and so on. The fonbt being replaced means it isn't accessible which could be all sorts of things. Anything from cache errors to unsuitable multiprocessing settings to a text layer having an odd source text keyframe. nobody can know without more info.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Font doesn't display in output video
            CamachoMarco31 Level 1

Hi,

First, sorry for my late answer, i just see it now

Let me give you more details.

I'm on a windows server 2012, with after effects cs6.

The text layer used is a simple text layer with a Brady Bunch font -> the regular one, ttf format.

This texte layer is changed automatically via expressions and a txt file which is uploaded at every render by a new text.

In fact, every render is different because i change photo and text at every time.

The output render type is H.264, with audio output 32.000Khz, just let me give you a screen, it's gonna be more easy for me :

Capture d’écran 2013-03-29 à 08.41.21.png

Just tell me if you want to know more details.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Font doesn't display in output video

You are running on an unsupported operating system. This could be something with local security policies specific to server environments. What are your settings for "Render multiple frames simultanuously"? Turn it off, if it is on... Otherwise you realyl need to dig into your server's configuration. Again, it's simply not officially supported and there's no gurantees that anything will work.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Font doesn't display in output video
                CamachoMarco31 Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for you quick answer

I've having a look at the Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously and it's turned off by default on my config

For the non operating system it's really strange.

The After Effects runs correctly but it's just the font which doesn't displays correctly so it's really strange

Where do you think I could get some help ?

Thanks

• 5. Re: Font doesn't display in output video

You need to create a user that has access to all resources, both in the network part as well as locally. That's all it probably comes down to: Your network resources are treated separate from local settings for security reasons and when running the render it does not have access to the fonts because the render process is running outside the security sandbox. Check your group policies, add an über-user, create a separate domain or whatever. This is really more a problem with server administration than anything else...

Mylenium

• 6. Re: Font doesn't display in output video
                    CamachoMarco31 Level 1

Ok i'm gonna check that asap cos' i've not access to the server right now

GOnna tell you if I find something

Thanks for you help

See you soon