• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get my adobe ID associated with adobe digital editions after it has been installed???

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having trouble and getting no help with this. Adobe made me put my question here and refused to allow me a live chat because adobe digital editions is a free product. so here goes. make me regain my faith in adobe, someone, please.

I have adobe digital editions installed on my computer. my OS is windows 7. When i installed it, i did not have an adobe ID. I now have one. Digital editions will not let me associate it with the program, therefore rendering it unable to share my ebooks on my computer with my phone, which is activated with my ID.

another troubleshooting "expert" told me to uninstall it and reinstall it, and adobe should ask me again if i want to sync my ID with it. however, it did not. thrre is no option for it, and i dont know what else to do. i want my books on my phone, and so far, the people at adobe have been no help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I want to help anyone regain their faith in Adobe after the terrible DRM infrastructure they have imposed on the world but refuse to support.

Also, the designers of ADE (if there were any) obviously hadn't attended 101 in interface design and learned about discoverability: so the feature you want is well hidden.

However, try ctrl-shift-D to ADE while it is running (cmd-shift-D on Mac).  This will remove your old 'anonymous' ID.

Restart ADE and you should be able to register with your correct Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines