4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2013 3:19 PM by whsprague

Problem exporting as .mp4

LNPato Level 1

I am trying to create a video that is just audio with images over it. I recorded a company presentation on a Sony audio recorder, and then took each presenter's powerpoint slides saved as .jpg's and imported them and placed them over the audio.

The original audio files are MP3's, and the images are 640x480 jpeg images of powerpoint slides.

The whole audio file is an hour long, but I used the workbar to select only a 6-minute portion to export. I chose AVCHD as my type, then further specified to export as a MP4--DV NTSC Standard. And I check the box that says "include workbar area only."

I chose where to save it, & clicked Save, but it hasn't done anything. It just says "rendering media" with no estimated time and 0% progress...it's been like that for several minutes. I tried restarting the computer and opening it up again & trying but same thing...

I am on a PC with Windows 7...using Premiere Elements 11.

Is there something that is too large? The images, the audio...?

I need it to be an MP4 as my final product to upload to our company website (that is the only format I can use). Should I try exporting as something else, then importing that file into Premiere & exporting that as an MP4...?

Suggestions/answers appreciated!

• 1. Re: Problem exporting as .mp4
          whsprague Level 4

Try some of the other output presets.  Perhaps the MP4 H.264 1920x1080 30?  At least see if it goes past zero percent. 

• 2. Re: Problem exporting as .mp4
            LNPato Level 1

I tried that, and actually, I just tried exporting it as ANYTHING with no luck!

It doesn't freeze, just doesn't go anywhere....

The only thing I can think of is that I dragged the images over from the Elements Organizer, because I imported them into my project assets, but they weren't in the correct order (it went Slide1, Slide11, Slide111, Slide2, Slide22...etc)

Could that be a reason?

• 3. Re: Problem exporting as .mp4
              whsprague Level 4

I don't think that would be the reason.  I don't use Organizer, but I don't think that's the issue.

What is the Project Preset?  I assume you slide them into the time line in the order you wanted?  Does it play smoothly in the project monitor while you are working on it?

Can you try a new project for a test.  Load one of your .jpg files directly with Add Media from a folder.  See if you can output just that one .jpg.  PrE11 is supposed to set the presets for you based on your first clip.  When you slide the single .jpg in the time line can you look at the project preset.  (Edit > Project Settings > General)

• 4. Re: Problem exporting as .mp4
                whsprague Level 4

lnt@crm wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that I dragged the images over from the Elements Organizer, because I imported them into my project assets, but they weren't in the correct order (it went Slide1, Slide11, Slide111, Slide2, Slide22...etc)

Could that be a reason?

I just re-read that.  It does not make sense to me.  I've not read that you can start a video that way.  I think you should have loaded each .jpg and .mp3 file to the assest box and then drug each .jpg, one at a time from the Assets Box to the timeline in the order you wanted.