Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looping ppt for use as lobby layout

Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - How can I take a continuous looping powerpoint presentation and have it continuously loop when I upload and use it for Share Document in Share pod?  And, can this be accomplished without have to buy any additional Adobe products, other than Adobe Connect? My intention is to use it in my Lobby Layout.  

Thank you.

TOPICS
Desktop application

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

This can be accomplished without purchasing Presenter, but it is a multi-step process. Here is how you would do it:

1. Upload your PPT to the Connect server (preferably the Content Library)
  2. Download the output files that the server generates to create the Flash version of your presentation. Should be pulled down as a zip.
  3. Un-zip the output files.
  4. Go into the data folder.
  5. Locate the viewer.xml file
  6. Open in Notepad or some other program that will let you modify an XML file.
  7. On line two, add loop="true". I p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Instead of trying to correct the XML files and using a ZIP file

Why don't you Export the PowerPoint presentation as an animated GIF i.e.

export as gif.png

Then you can drag and drop it into the Share Pod and this will loop for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be accomplished without purchasing Presenter, but it is a multi-step process. Here is how you would do it:

1. Upload your PPT to the Connect server (preferably the Content Library)
  2. Download the output files that the server generates to create the Flash version of your presentation. Should be pulled down as a zip.
  3. Un-zip the output files.
  4. Go into the data folder.
  5. Locate the viewer.xml file
  6. Open in Notepad or some other program that will let you modify an XML file.
  7. On line two, add loop="true". I placed this after start="play" (see image below).
  8. Save the viewer.xml file.
  9. Re-zip the output files.
  10. Upload the zip to the Connect server or your Share pod, and when you press play the file should loop.

Presenter loop.JPG

If you did get Presenter, you could check the box to loop the presentation and it does this work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Still not successful in getting presentation to loop for my Lobby Layout.

Question: Do I need to have “Loop continuously” selected for my presentation before downloading for the server to create a Flash version? (Tried it both ways with no success.)

After editing the viewer.xml file and saving in Notepad, the second line shows as follows:

Does the order of these two instructions matter?

Thank you.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The order may not be important, but I would keep it exactly as the output expects to see it.

I created a two slide presentation and did the steps listed above. I have both versions in the following room. The one on the left is without the loop="true" and the one on the right is with that code added too it. That is the only difference between them, and the loop works for me. I have the player skin showing to help illustrate what is happening.

http://realeyesconnect.adobeconnect.com/openroom

Selecting the loop option in PPT will have no affect on this setting. Is that where you are checking the Loop continuously option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success! I saw from your demo that I had to un-sync the Share Pod. Now it loops.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to do it with the share pod sync'd. That just makes sure that everyone else is seeing the looped presentation as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my code: When I rezip and upload it does not loop.

anything I am doing wrong? Pod is synched, forced presenter view.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<presentation width="720" height="540" preview="0" defaultSlideDuration="5" start="play" buildNum="8.0.0.227" loop="true" after start="play">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure that it matters, but Presenter places loop="true" before the buildNum. Also, you have start="play" twice. That could be causing an issue. I'd remove the one after the loop= call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a non -IT person, I am doing my best to follow the instructions on how to loop a PPT presentation - I can get through steps 1-4 above with no problem. However, you can see below that the only "view" file is "swf" and will only open in my browser ( I am using IE)

Are there different instructions for PPT 2010?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process hasn't changed since I originally posted it.

It looks like you are skipping step 4. You need to go into the data folder in the zip of the output. There may be more files and folders than what was in the older versions of Presenter that Connect used. The output is not dependent on the version of PPT.

In the data folder, you will find the viewer.xml file.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma, do you know if these steps are still correct? I'm getting an error trying to upload the re-zipped file. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should still apply. Make sure you aren't zipping the files in a folder. You want the collection of files and folders at the top level of the zip file. It's very easy to accidentally zip a folder of the output so the files used are one sub-folder deep and they may not run correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, I had a user with an older version of PPT presentation that would loop in the Connect meeting. I now use that PPT and change the info for every Lobby slideshow I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similar issue - I followed the steps provided to modify the code but even with the correct code in viewer.xml (in Data folder; uploaded in Content library) the slides do not loop (I also adjusted the speed of the slide show to 7 seconds instead of 5 and this does not reflect in the meeting room either). The strangest thing is that it worked once but after adjusting the slides content it doesn't anymore. Any suggestions? Here is the code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<presentation viewerPatch="11.0.2.156" buildNum="11.0.2.155" start="play" loop="true" defaultSlideDu...<search url="srchdata.xml"/>

<presentationBg url="bg.swf"/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, first of all: Thanks for this great tutorial. It helped me a lot.

After the update to version 11 it seems that it doesn't working anymore. My old looped presentation - which worked fine until the update - isn't looping. I already uploaded an other presentation and did exactly the same as before but without a satisfying result. I'm using the new overlay/ ui in adobe connect (I have to say that I have'nt tried it in the old ui and to be honest I'd like to work with the new ui). When I upload the presentation often it wont even change the slide after pressing play. And at the end it stops instead of looping it.

Did I miss something? Is there anyone with the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't miss anything. The shift from Flash to HTML means that the files behind the scenes are different. The old xml file that we could modify previously doesn't apply to an HTML presentation. We've not yet found the method of changing the presentation to loop without the use of Adobe Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I was able to get mine to loop, but it pauses after 1 second on each slide. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of trying to correct the XML files and using a ZIP file

Why don't you Export the PowerPoint presentation as an animated GIF i.e.

export as gif.png

Then you can drag and drop it into the Share Pod and this will loop for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love this idea! Thank you. I will give it a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GiFs aren't a supported file type 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adoeb Connect are you using?

GIFs are a supportted file type for Share Pods since version nine.  See

Best practices | Uploading files (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The method above did work for me! I have been able to share the presentation as a gif and upload it into a share pod. I now not only have a looping slideshow, but also a rotating banner for other layouts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our organisation supplies us with 10.6.2

But I got it to work using the code edit method.

In our workspace, gifs don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using an earlier version than 11 then the use of GIFs would not have worked.

Adobe Connect 10 is built to use Adobe Flash player so the code amendments cited earlier in this thread will work; indeed it what I used until our company upgraded to version 11.

Adobe Flash is no longer available and support for Adobe Connect 9 and 10 will end in 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines