2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2013 5:55 PM by Scotty_Wilcox Branched from an earlier discussion.

Sony XDCAM

Scotty_Wilcox

I am having black frames flash radnomly with MXF clips exported from Avid Media Composer v6.5

Shot using a Sony XDCAM F800

1080 25p

50Mbps

They play perfectly fine in Premiere.

CS6 AE just upadted to AE 11.0.2.11.

Black frames appear in different spots than they did before.

Doesn't look so great when broadcast in my opinion.

• 1. Re: Is this a CS6 bug?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There have been several threads about MXF files in AE CS6. I would suggest searching for them and going through the various solutions mentioned. One which I seem to recall suggested having the MXF files seperated from all the extra files (xml, sif, cif, etc.) that get created with them.

• 2. Re: Is this a CS6 bug?
            Scotty_Wilcox Level 1

Thank for your input.

I did search all other threads before posting my question on this thread.

They seem to relate to MXF files from Canon cameras which is of no use to me.

I guess there was one more piece of info that I should have added and that is as you suggest

that my MXF file is separated and is not part of the structure of subfolders that occurs on an

XDCAM disk.

My file is a standalone single MXF file exported from Avid. Not other files are with it.

It plays perfectly in Premiere CS6, and in VLC player but not AE CS6.