• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem w/Websites Saying 'Install Flash Player'

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Flash Player installed but I keep getting messages on websites that say I don't have FP installed and to download it.  I then try the download and half way thru the installation, an error message comes up to 'close Internet Explorer' which is impossible to do and the install fails.  I am also getting an error message on my Norton anti-virus about Suspicious.Cloud.7.EP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Thanks.  Let's make sure that the "shockwave flash" add-on is enabled properly.  Please try the steps outlined in these two faqs.

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Assuming those check out, the next thing I'd try is updating your video drivers.  Finally, could you check to see if you have the following Windows update installed?

KB2670838 – Platform Update for Windows 7 x64

If so, please uninstall it and try Flash Player out again.  Please note though th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, except for the Norton issue. I get "Unable to find locale data files. Please reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check to see if you're seeing an animation and version number displayed on this page: Flash Player Version

If so, do you see something similar to the screenshot below when you visit this link: http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/swfobject/testsuite_2_2/test_dynamic_multiple.html

3-26-2013 1-01-41 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I am not seeing those screenshots but I found out that some websites are having problems with the IE10.  So this may be the problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Flash Player is reported on your system?

Flash Player Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you view this page: http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/swfobject/testsuite_2_2/test_dynamic_multiple.html

Are you instead seeing something that looks like this:

3-29-2013 3-38-08 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to clarify, when you went to the Flash Player Version page the animation played as expected? 

What version of Windows are you using and are you using IE 10?  Would you be willing to do a short desktop sharing session with me so I can take a look at your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I did not see the animation.  I am using Windows 7 and I believe IE10.  I am willing to do a share.

Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Let's make sure that the "shockwave flash" add-on is enabled properly.  Please try the steps outlined in these two faqs.

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Assuming those check out, the next thing I'd try is updating your video drivers.  Finally, could you check to see if you have the following Windows update installed?

KB2670838 – Platform Update for Windows 7 x64

If so, please uninstall it and try Flash Player out again.  Please note though that this might cause IE 10 to be uninstalled and reverted to IE 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Chris,

Sorry for the delay but in trying to do some of these steps, my computer crashed twice.

I tried to download FP and got to 47% when an error message came up to exit IE and I don't know how to do this.  So I hit stop and my computer crashed.

I will do the uninstall and reinstall tonight but if this doesn't work, can I contact you on Monday for a shared session?  I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Lou, though I'm out of the office on Monday.  I'll be available on Tuesday though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2013 Mar 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris,

I took your advice and went to the section where it described the steps to be taken to correct the problem.

I uninstalled FP and then cleared the cache and removed FP from the two folders in step 4 and 5.

When I reinstalled FP, I saw the video.  I have now gone to the websites that were saying my FP was not installed and I was able to view the videos.

Thanks for all your help.

I may send you another email on Tuesday.

Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines