11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2013 7:43 PM by Pattie F

Adobe Media Downloader

Janing

After downloading the Adobe Media Downloader, it will not run. I uninstalled and installed again to no avail. How do I get this to work? Jan

• 1. Re: Adobe Media Downloader
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

Did you install air first? I will investigate to see if there are any issues with the downloader right now.

See this link:  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1174289?tstart=0

Thanks

Pattie

• 2. Re: Adobe Media Downloader
            Janing Level 1

Yes I installed and updated Air and then the Adobe Downloader. It did work in the beginning but then it did not respond and stopped. Had to restart computer to get out of the process. When I tried to get it going again, it would not work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no avail. It just shows that tiny incomplete box on the screen like someone else mentioned. Thanks. Jan

• 3. Re: Adobe Media Downloader

OK, thanks Jan, I will look further into it.

Pattie

• 4. Re: Adobe Media Downloader

If you use Explorer, I suggest installing either Chrome or Firefox for this issue so that it will download and install properly. Chrome and Firefox seem to work best here. Please ensure you are using the most recent version of the browser. Be sure to install adobe air first, and then the downloader application. Please let us know if this works for you.

get the AIR runtime:

http://get.adobe.com/air/

After installing the AIR runtime, you should be able to launch the

Downloader.air file to install it.

Downloader .air media downloader file:

http://static.photoshop.com/express-tools/organizer/downloader/Downloader.air

Pattie

• 5. Re: Adobe Media Downloader
                  Amreek.. Level 1

Hello,

Apologies for the inconvinience.

The workaround to get rid of the tiny window is to close the downloader and delete the cache folder

WIN : C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.px.Downloader.<some-number>

MAC : /users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.px.Downloader.<some-number>

and then relaunch the downloader.

However this will start download afresh. You will have to login again with your Login email and password and download will start again.

Hope this helps

Regards

Amreek

• 6. Re: Adobe Media Downloader
                    Janing Level 1

Thanks for your input. I have the latest Adobe Air installed and have downloaded the Adobe Media Downloader again, but I still get only the little rectangle as before. Jan

• 7. Re: Adobe Media Downloader
                      Janing Level 1

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately I do not have a file as shown below which includes AppData/Roaming, etc. to delete in the cache folder as suggested. Still haven't been able to get the Downloader to work. Jan

• 8. Re: Adobe Media Downloader

Thanks for the update. I will get the team to look into it further

Pattie

• 9. Re: Adobe Media Downloader
                          Amreek.. Level 1

Thanks Jan for trying it out.

i am assuming you are on windows. On my machine here the location is something like this

C:\Users\asinghpa\AppData\Roaming where 'asinghpa' is my username with which i am logged into my windows machine. This is a default windows directory and exists on every windows machine.

Can you please check if you were looking at the correct location?

There is also a slightly difficult way of opening this directory - In the 'run' window simply type %appdata% and press enter.

Windows shortcut to open 'run' is

Windows logo key Picture of Windows logo key +R   

Open the Run dialog box     .

Hope this helps

Regards

Amreek

• 10. Re: Adobe Media Downloader
                            Janing Level 1

Thank you for your assistance. I was finally able to complete the download with the Adobe Media Downloader. When I first tried to find the AppData\Roaming you mentioned, I went to My Computer, C:, Users, my name, etc. That did not show me the AppData, etc. I then tried the Run method you mentioned, but that did not work. I then out of frustration just simply typed in the C:\Users\my name\AppData\Roaming in Google, and that brought it up!! I was then able to find the cache and deleted it. The Adobe Media Downloader worked fine then. Thank you again for your help. Jan

• 11. Re: Adobe Media Downloader

That's a hidden directory initially.  Glad you got it working!

Pattie and all