1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2013 7:34 AM by Carl Sun

Error message "menues can not be updated, exstension will not be installed"

Aldebaran10

Hello,

I am trying to install FlexiLayouts_2.0.2.522 trial version for Dreamweaver CS6 with Extension Manager, but I get the error message mentioned above.

What's wrong? Thanks for feedback

Carlotta

(iMac,  OS X Mountain Lion)

• 1. Re: Error message "menues can not be updated, exstension will not be installed"
          Carl Sun Level 4

I installed this extension successfully and can't reproduce you problem. Please generate log file to help troubleshooting.

1. Open Finder.

2. Navigate to "Applications/Utilities".

3. Double click "Terminal.app" to launch it.

4. In the Terminal window, input the following command (including double quotation mark) then press "return" key.

cd "/Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CS6/Adobe Extension Manager CS6.app/Contents/MacOS"

5. Input the following command then press "return" key.

sudo touch ExManLog.YES

6. When being prompted, input the password of administrator user then press "return" key. A file named "ExManLog.YES" should have been created in this folder.

7. Try to install extension.

8. After installation failure, exit Extension Manager.

9. Get log files from "/Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CS6/". Note that the folder "/Users/<UserName>/Library/" is hidden by default. You can open Finder, press "option" key when click menu item "Go"->"Library" to go into this folder.

10. Send the log files to exman.beijing@gmail.com.