6 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2013 10:35 AM by mlprouty

No css file after publish a edge project

PeterJeppesenDK

Hello everyone
      I am new to Adobe Edge, and have tried to make an object which would be used on my existing website. Unfortunately I have now tried for days to find a solution on how I make one css file for the object itself. It seems that it uses some code I do not know what is. <div id="Stage" class="EDGE-122837820"> if I choose to right click on my object in a browser, and insipcere it, I can see all the css coder I wanted to make, but just do not know where to find file.

What am I doing wrong. Would be great with some help.

thank you
      Peter

• 1. Re: No css file after publish a edge project
          joel_pau Level 5

Hi,

So your composition "EDGE-122837820" needs to be linked to an external css file.

You open the compositionReady panel to add and adapt this code line:

$("<link/>", {"rel": "stylesheet", "type": "text/css", "href": "cssFolder/filename.css" }).appendTo("head");

• 2. Re: No css file after publish a edge project
            PeterJeppesenDK Level 1

Hallo Joel

Thx for the fast relpy

what you write makes sense
            I just can not figure out where to put the line into. In the inside of the Edge Animate or in a *. js files.

What I would like to change is my edge object position. I have a drop down menu, located just above my edge object. When I do mouseover on the menu, make menu on its dropdown function and lies behind edge object. It had to be resting on top

Peter

• 3. Re: No css file after publish a edge project
              joel_pau Level 5

Hum. I don't know if i understood.

I asked a question: "So your composition "EDGE-122837820" needs to be linked to an external css file?"

If this is, look at the picture below:

cssLink.jpg

What do you mean by object?

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: No css file after publish a edge project
                PeterJeppesenDK Level 1

Hello again.

Then I solved my problem.
                I put the line in, as you had said.
                So I made a css file, which should contain
                # Stage {
                z-index: -1;
                }

and in this way I got my edge object behind my top menu.

1000 thanks for the help

• 5. Re: No css file after publish a edge project
                  grafxman777

Forgive me if I’m misunderstanding this. I have several text divs in Animate that I have applied a class too. I have setup an external stylesheet with that class in it to adjust font size and line spacing and I’ve added the line you mentioned in the compositionready panel. However when I change the font size in the external stylesheet it has no effect when viewed in a browser.

My reasoning for doing this is that earlier I was having a problem with these same text divs inheriting the body font style from the main external stylesheet. That problem has now mysteriously gone away ?!? However I’d like to know how to control certain assets in a composition from an external stylesheet if needed in the future.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• 6. Re: No css file after publish a edge project
                    mlprouty Level 1

Thanks for the tip in this one!

$("<link/>", {"rel": "stylesheet", "type": "text/css", "href": "cssFolder/filename.css" }).appendTo("head");

works great.