7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 9:50 AM by Eric L88 RSS

Cannot export to QuickTime file with PE8

Eric L88

Hello,

I have an issue when I want to export my video choosing My Computer, QuickTime. The e^port cannot start, APE8 stop immediatly after launching export (message : unxpected errors; PE8 must closed).

I already uninstall and reinstall Quicktime (last version), same pb. I also uninstall and reinstall PE8, with the update, same issue.

I do not know what to do.

I cannot have files MOV to export to Youtube (also the direct export to Youtube from PE8 is still not working, I have a serveur error, already dscribed by other members, but means to have no solution)

Eric

• 1. Re: Cannot export to QuickTime file with PE8
          Steve Grisetti CommunityMVP

The Export function was disabled in Premiere Elements.

To output, use the Share function. Quicktime files are under Share/Computer/MOV.

Meantime, make sure you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements, as well as all of the non-critical updates for Windows.

• 2. Re: Cannot export to QuickTime file with PE8
            Eric L88 Community Member

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your answer, but in fact, I didn't explain correctely. Of course, I choose share/computer/MOV (Quicktime). I have this option, then select the right parameter.

But when APE8 begin to share, APE stop immediatly and cause an error.

I let Windows (Vista) do automatically the update, and I also remove and reinstal the last version of Quicktime, but always same error.

I don't understand and what to do

Eric

• 3. Re: Cannot export to QuickTime file with PE8

Have you got the latest version of Quicktime from Apple installed on your computer, per the program's requirements?

Have you gone to the Help menu and selected Check for Updates to ensure you have the necessary patches for Premiere Elements 8?

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

• 4. Re: Cannot export to QuickTime file with PE8

Hello Steve,

Thanks to help me.

Of course, I have uninstall quicktime and reinstall the last version, but does not work.

For APE I have also uninstall, reinstall and do the update for the patch, does not work also.

I can share for other files such MPEG (wth H264 codec). It works well.

I only have the problem with Quicktime sharing. APE close immediatly after launching the share for Quicktime.

I tried with small files (only 2 rushes without effect), same error.

My camcorder is Panasonic SD9. Resolution is 1080-50i, full HD, AVCHD

If you have some other test to do?

Eric

• 5. Re: Cannot export to QuickTime file with PE8

I'm sorry, Eric. I have no solution for you. If your computer is crashing whenever you select Share/Computer/Quicktime and your unable to install a program update, there may be a problem at the operating system level.

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free, clean, defragmented space is onyour C drive?

The best solution, assuming your computer is well tuned, would be to upgrade to version 11 of the program. Version 8 was notoriously buggy and does not work at all well with AVCHD video.

Video 11 edits AVCHD natively and has been optimized for this format. You may be able to find a good deal on the software on Amazon. It would certainly save you a lot of aggravation if you spent the few dollars on it.

• 6. Re: Cannot export to QuickTime file with PE8
                    the_wine_snob Community Member

If you are getting a program, or computer crash, I would look at this FAQ Entry: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/792580?tstart=0

It starts with a checklist on getting PrE ready to go, then moves into system and OS tune-up. Finally, it has links to many articles (and also some tools), for troubleshooting.

For your case, after you have gone through first two parts, I would pay special attention to "Finding Clues," and the use of Vista's Event Viewer, to track things down.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Cannot export to QuickTime file with PE8

Hello Steve,

I did a new video with a lot of rush. I can export it in H264 codec. No pb.

Only with Quicktime, APE8 stop immediately.

Few weeks ago, I had no pb to share in Quicktime files. But I don't know what was changed to have now this pb.

My computer is  Intel Core 2 duo, 1.86 GHz, with 3Go Ram (OS Vista).

Until now, I had no pb with APE8 (as soon as  did the update to 8.01)

But at present , only pb with Quicktime.

I will try the Tips proposed by Bill  (for aexample remove the Codec, or try again to uninstall and remove all Quicktime components)

Eric