3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 9:34 AM by carter43564951 RSS

Text cut off

carter43564951

Hello. This question may have been asked before, so I apologize in advance. I work in a small office and we use InDesign CS3 v 5.0.4. When I print a document, everything looks good on my end. However, when a co-worker prints the same document (also using CS3 v 5.0.4), the text constantly cuts off -- especially at the bottom. We have been plagued by this problem for years, so I thought it's about time to figure it out. I am not very InDesign saavy and realize this could be a printer problem, but any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Text cut off
          Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

Are you sing the same printer? Same print settings?

• 2. Re: Text cut off
            Mary Posner Community Member

I'd also check that your co-worker has all the document fonts installed and activated. The text reflow caused by substituted fonts could well push text beyond its text frame.

• 3. Re: Text cut off
              carter43564951 Community Member

We are using different printers, and she changes the print settings to include "scale to fit" (which I never have to when I print the page). Also she just informed me that when she opens other pages she gets a lot of missing fonts, however, that doesn't happen when she opens this. I'm sure this is probably a simple fix, but our tech guys haven't even been able to figure this out yet. Unfortunately, I can't connect to her printer to test the page, but do you think it could be a default setting in the printer? Adding some kind of gripper  that we're not seeing in the setup of the InDesign file?