3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2007 8:55 AM by AFJ786

Match the Columns

AFJ786 Level 1
      Hello

I was trying to make a match the columns game, and someone told me to do it like this:

You'd set up two columns of MCs, list each of them in two matching arrays. apply startDrag and stopDrag methods to each, then when stopDrag is activated run a check on the _droptarget to detemine if it's in the correct location, if so pull info on the related (maybe stored in another matching array, or use Objects and pull from the property) item to a screen MC and send it to a dynamic textField. then remove the two related objects from the Stage.

I dont really understand this.

Can someone explain this to me or make a template for me in Flash 8 and I can just personalize it to my own likes?

I know a bit about Flash, but not a lot.

I would really appreciate if someone could follow those directions and then give it to me to fill in with my own questions.

Thanks,
      azra
        • 1. Re: Match the Columns
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          each mc needs to know its array index. (you can define a function to return this if it's not derivable using your mc _name properties.) you then compare the index of the dropped mc with the index of its _dropTarget. if they are the same, you have a match. otherwise, you don't.
          • 2. Re: Match the Columns
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            p.s. if you want to hire me to build a template, go to my website and send an email. but this is not a difficult project and you can get free help by posting your code and issues to this forum.
            • 3. Re: Match the Columns
              AFJ786 Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: kglad
              each mc needs to know its array index. (you can define a function to return this if it's not derivable using your mc _name properties.) you then compare the index of the dropped mc with the index of its _dropTarget. if they are the same, you have a match. otherwise, you don't.

sorry, but i have no idea what you mean by that. can you give me a step by step direction to do this?