3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2014 5:26 AM by hatstead

Print multiple photos on 1 sheet

Print Package

I am trying to print 4 photos on a single 5x7 photo sheet. Print Package seems to be totally unusable.

I select 3 photos and can't position them on the screen

I select a 4th photo and it positions it on a 2nd sheet

I can't resize a photo by clicking the image and adjusting the size (like most other windows packages)

If I move a photo it seems to change format from landscape to portrait

I set Printer settings to 5x7 Glossy but whatever option I chose in 'Select a Layout' gives me a message saying The layout selected is larger than paper size - eventhough they're both set to 5x7.

If I select a photo and try and move it, it just duplicates the image somewhere else on the print page - and doesn't let me delete it or undo

I have selected 5x7 paper size and Layout 5x7 (4) but the review screen still doesn't show 4 photos positioned logically.

This task should take 5 minutes - I am now quitting after nearly 2 hours - which included reading many community issues of people trying to do this simple task and clearly having the same problems I have.

• 1. Re: Print multiple photos on 1 sheet
          hatstead Adobe Community Professional

You can make your own "Picture Package" template!

Go to File>new>blank file. Enter width & height of the paper stock, resolution should be, ideally, the same value as the 4 photos. Background color to suit. This will be your canvas.

Drag the 4 photos from the project bin to the work area. Each one will be on a separate layer.

Use the move tool to position the pictures and to resize with the corner handles of the bounding box

You may want to open the grid for orientation.

I like to crop the pictures to desired size prior placing them on the canvas.

• 2. Re: Print multiple photos on 1 sheet
            davespics

This seems like a flaw in the program.  In a good tool you could just print the four 5x7's and not have to mess with this garbage.  Are you listening Adobe?????

• 3. Re: Print multiple photos on 1 sheet
              hatstead Adobe Community Professional

davespics wrote:

This seems like a flaw in the program.  In a good tool you could just print the four 5x7's and not have to mess with this garbage.  Are you listening Adobe?????

I really don't like to see this thread degenerate into an exercise in polemics. PSE has a picture package layout, but the default is limited. However, it is relatively easy to tailor additional layouts to one's needs. You will find instructions in this thread:

Re: Customizing Picture Package Layouts