2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 9:45 AM by drcaw RSS

Color Range command in Photoshop CS6 13.0.4 no longer works after update

drcaw

I just updated to 13.0.4 at the end of last week.  Today I went to use the Color Range command and it will not select any colors.  The Eyedropper tool works fine.  Adjusting the fuzziness and other options doesn't make a difference.  Nor does selecting multiple instances of a color to add to the selection.  Since I use this command regularly,  I feel confident that it is a bug with the update and I would love to hear of any possible fixes.  Or, is it possible to downgrade back to 13.0.3?  I didn't realize how much I used this and it's a major inconvenience. 

• 1. Re: Color Range command in Photoshop CS6 13.0.4 no longer works after update
          c.pfaffenbichler Community Member

I feel confident that it is a bug with the update and I would love to hear of any possible fixes. 

Some people, when encountering unexpected behaviour in Photoshop, seem overly prone to use the term »bug«.

Have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels and Dialogs visible?

• 2. Re: Color Range command in Photoshop CS6 13.0.4 no longer works after update
            drcaw Community Member

Sorry to sound like a big jerk calling it a 'bug'.  I guess that's just a natural response when something stops working immediately after applying an update.  Thanks to you, c.pfaffenbichler, my problem appears to be solved. 

I had previously trashed the prefs, repaired disk permissions, (I don't have any 3rd party plugins), and am up to date on font validation.  However, I haven't cleared my caches in a while so I ran Cocktail and now things seem to be back to normal.  Is it possible that this was caused by a corrupted cache?  If so, how might this have come about so I can avoid it in the future?

Thanks for your help.