• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documents during publishing

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2007 Nov 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a unique problem.... I have a project that refers to a lot of Word and PDF letters that need to open in their orginial forms to be filled out and printed... Although I do not have the path to where the project will be published. And when it is published after 3-months it will be moved to a different server... so if there a way to have the PDF and Word documents dropped and not imported into RoboHelp.. so when published the links stay active and when the project is moved it stays ok... Is there a way to do this?
So my major problem is looking at over 80 word and PDf documents that need to open in Word or Adobe when the link is clicked on...and not have a location to move the documents to then link to. So the documents some how have to within the RoboHelp project..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 04, 2007 Nov 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi cliff310

I'm thinking you could accomplish this quite easily as follows:

Ensure each Word and PDF document is added to your RoboHelp HTML Baggage files folder. Once you do this, RoboHelp should make sure the files end up among your output files. After all is said and done, you should have what you want. All you need to do is ensure that when the published output is moved to the new server, ALL of it gets moved. As long as you do this, you should be fine.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp